Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

how have you fixed your rear jdm number plate

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
firstlude
My Generation: 4G

how have you fixed your rear jdm number plate

Post by firstlude » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:06 pm

right so i have my jdm number plates now, freshly sprayed my number plate holders, fixing the front plate on is easy can do that with double sided tape but the rear i no the bottom goes behind the lower lugs but i dont really wanna drill the top so was wondering how others have fixed theres
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:19 pm

I bought some 10mm acrylic, drilled holes to align it with the m6 bolt holes that are meant for the JDM plate, then used some countersunk bolts to affix said acrylic to the car and stuck the rear plate to that.

I removed the lower lugs, smoothed and painted them away........

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:37 pm

thats a clever idea :D but i do like the lower lugs kinda part of the jdmness,was thinking of maybe running a bead of adhesive around the rear of the number plate threw the square hole in the holder if that makes sense
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:22 am

On my 5the gen I've actually got the perfect size plate so that it slides in behind the lower tabs and then flexs in up into the top cutouts where the number plate lights shine through. So it's basically wedged in there, but won't come out unless you flex it and pull.

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:41 pm

Mine was sat in the lower lugs, and I drilled the plate and fixed the top with some definitely genuine "Mugen" licence plate bolts I saw on ebay.

Like this

Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

alinton

Post by alinton » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 am

Mine slots into the lower lugs, then is held there by double-sided velcro behind it at the top.

Means I can remove it easily enough if I wish, for example when I bet the car MOT'd because my plate has a 'honda' logo on it and the crowd here that do MOTs don't allow that!

A
---------------------
'96 BB4.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:35 am

alinton wrote:Means I can remove it easily enough if I wish, for example when I bet the car MOT'd because my plate has a 'honda' logo on it and the crowd here that do MOTs don't allow that!
I'm sure that if the logo is at least 11mm away from the digits (therefore outside the legally required 11mm margin) then they'd have no grounds to fail you on it :?

alinton

Post by alinton » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:20 pm

They do here in Ireland. You're not allowed to have any graphics on the plate.

So I just swap it for a 'legal' one for the test then swap it back. Same with my small-size front plate...
---------------------
'96 BB4.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:08 pm

some very good ideas dont really wont to drill the plate thats what i am trying to avoid

DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: DaveyRocket172

Post by DaveyBa8 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:05 am

Abit hard to see, but I've the new smaller jap pressed plate double sided taped to the older square perspecs plate, the jap plate is too small on its own so didn't look right, and the older one was to big looking. So it will do for now but will eventually spray the old plate black.

Looks like it's sitting off on that photo but it's not lol.

Return to “General Chat”