Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Babies at car shows

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
BrokenSpring
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: RyZer12M

Babies at car shows

Post by BrokenSpring » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:41 am

Hello All,
So as you may or may not know i now have myself a little baby girl (and she's awesome :D ). Now that she's starting to make noises and is aware of her surroundings we had a good chat and she told her mum she wants to see a few car shows :P
With all the car shows coming up i was wanting to go to a few with her in tow.

So i was wondering how safe is it taking a 5 month old baby to Japfest at Donington ? Has anyone else done car shows with young babies? How’s the noise issue for them?

She will be in a baby carrier for ease so my hands are free for pics and touching cars ;) :P
...... i'm pretty sure the drift taxi is out the question for her this year :lol: :(
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 am

To be honest, such a young one will ruin the experience for you, I still deem my 6 year old lad too young for us both to enjoy these things.

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 am

There's no real noise at the likes of JF and loads of there's people pushing prams around. You might get the odd gentleman's sausage in a Scooby trying to make it backfire but you can soon walk away from them if they do. Nearer the track there is obviously some noise from the cars going round, the loudest behing the drift cars, but its still not too bad.

Beaulieu Simply Jap would be great for you, but it is a real long distance for you to travel.

Make sure you take some good shelter with you, the main issue this time of year will be the lack of shade to keep her cool.

BrokenSpring

Post by BrokenSpring » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:50 am

Vtecmec wrote:To be honest, such a young one will ruin the experience for you, I still deem my 6 year old lad too young for us both to enjoy these things.
Will be going with the wife so can share the looking after her, hopefully not too bad. I can always leafe them with their picnic and go off on my own.
Shiny wrote:
Make sure you take some good shelter with you, the main issue this time of year will be the lack of shade to keep her cool.
Ah thats some quality advice, good thinking, thank you
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:55 am

I've taken the son to Santa Pod when he was about 6/7 months old, depends on the weather just make sure you have a place to chance then (little pop up tent maybe) and get shade etc as shiney says. He's also been to Castle Coombe japfest too. It's fine if there are two of you to look after them.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:57 am

Vtecmec wrote:I still deem my 6 year old lad too young for us both to enjoy these things.
I second that, but then a 5 month old on your back is a much easier scenario :lol:

I'd only really be concerned about the heat on a hot sunny day, and like you said, you'd want her on your back... I certainly wouldn't consider taking a pram ;)

BrokenSpring

Post by BrokenSpring » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:
Vtecmec wrote:I still deem my 6 year old lad too young for us both to enjoy these things.
I second that, but then a 5 month old on your back is a much easier scenario :lol:

I'd only really be concerned about the heat on a hot sunny day, and like you said, you'd want her on your back... I certainly wouldn't consider taking a pram ;)
Yea pram is definately out, the carrier we have should have her facing forwards infront of me. Every movement and shiny thing is now a wonder for her, so lots of colourful cars should be well exciting... and obv coming to say hello to ludegen :)

Also found these :D
http://www.ems4kidseardefenders.co.uk/s ... on-floral/
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

Shiny

Post by Shiny » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:45 pm

I got baked (not stoned) on Saturday at Combe, it was overcast and cloudy most of the day and we had two gazebos, but just walking around and i ended up looking like an Oopma Loompa come saturday evening.

Get your car on a stand if you can, then you can pack all your shizzle in your car and have it to hand, rather than walk a mile to a public car park or carry it all around with you. If you've got a gazebo, take it with you, or hopefully someone on the stand will have one (just make sure is well anchored!), provided there is room for it of course. A couple of deck chairs are a good idea so you can sit down and have a rest, a cool box in the boot for your packed lunch as so on. You can also take your pram, you may find that little 'un wants a kip and gets fed up of being in a carrier.

Combe is great, very relaxed for a car show too, as is Beaulieu. JF1 at Silverstone seems a bit more manic to me, but that may just be the weather as it has been cold and dreary whenever i've been. Not been to JF2 though, weather should be good, but it is a pain in the arse to get to for me.

My old chap used to say there are only a few stages you need know about in life, one of them is when you no longer need a pram in the boot when you go out for the day and you have space again in your car. :lol:

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:12 pm

From the title, I assumed this was a thread about Civic drivers? :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:42 am

Congratulations on your new young 'un. You sound a very proud father. :D Won't a show like that have a creche arrangement? There must be other mums and dads with little 'uns in tow.
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

Return to “General Chat”