Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

H22 JDM 4th gen stainless manifold and downpipe

Looking for something? Ask here
bristol_bb4
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:21 pm

ill have a fujitsubo for sale soonish :lol:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon May 14, 2012 1:27 pm

grant_day wrote:I know the gain claims are absolute tosh but I would have hopes they knew what they're product will and won't fit? ;)

Sorry I won't guess anymore :cry: haha, I know this is a topic that can go on forever regarding fitment etc so I'm just going to keep hunting for a mani and downpipe that says it will fit. If it won't fit I can then.send it back :roll:
Like I said near the start I believe all catbacks are the same length. The variable is the downpipe and the cat. So if you have a JDM downpipe, you need a JDM Cat/decat. If you have a UKDM downpipe, you need a UKDM cat. If you fit interracial downpipes and cats, depending on which way around you go, your connection to the catback exhaust will either be too far forward or too far back, meaning your catback will miss all the exhaust hangers and either be lost under the back bumper or stick out too far.

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:30 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:Like I said near the start I believe all catbacks are the same length. The variable is the downpipe and the cat. So if you have a JDM downpipe, you need a JDM Cat/decat. If you have a UKDM downpipe, you need a UKDM cat. If you fit interracial downpipes and cats, depending on which way around you go, your connection to the catback exhaust will either be too far forward or too far back, meaning your catback will miss all the exhaust hangers and either be lost under the back bumper or stick out too far.

duuuude thats not right though :lol:

i bought a catback from rob (ukdm) tried to fit it to my car (JDM) and it was too short because ukdm cars have longer cats

so i then also bought his UKDM decat and it bolted up no problems other than having to extend the 3 holes

ukdm catbacks are shorter than jdm ones FACT :lol:
ukdm cats are longer than jdm cats :roll:

downpipes are identical other than the slight offset stud pattern

manifolds are absolutely identical
Last edited by bristol_bb4 on Mon May 14, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Mon May 14, 2012 1:31 pm

oh nafeman, even nitin knows your wrong! :o
:thumbdown:

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon May 14, 2012 1:36 pm

From knowing what parts I have installed on my 4th I concluded that the difference is in the center section.

Its a fact that 5th gens have different length downpipes and CATs but the difference is made up in the length of the center section.

On my 4th I have a Fujitsubo mani (JDM), UKDM decat, and UKDM cat-back. As a result my exhaust pokes out a little too long. If I were to replace the UK decat with a smaller JDM decat (Im about to ;)) then my exhuast will fit properly. This is only possible if the manifolds & downpipes are the same for both UK & JDM. The size of the different CAT's must be made up in the center section.

Since this is true for the 5th I would like to think its the exact same for the 4th.

Edit -bristol_bb4 basically said the same thing while I was typing this :x
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

grant_day

Post by grant_day » Mon May 14, 2012 1:39 pm

What about the two bores on the JDM anFd ukdm downpipes? The jdm ones are further apart..

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 pm

have you been under your car and looked at how your exhaust is fitted merlin?

on mine, no way in hell would the ukdm catback fit with my jdm cat fitted, the gap between them was WAY too big

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 pm

grant_day wrote:What about the two bores on the JDM anFd ukdm downpipes? The jdm ones are further apart..
what do you mean mate?

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

bristol_bb4 wrote:have you been under your car and looked at how your exhaust is fitted merlin?
Yeah as I fitted it myself :D

Couldnt you pull the whole cat-back back towards the engine? I'm positive that the JDM decat will fit my car as we had to push the whole exhaust down the car just to make the UKDM decat fit. It was easy to see that the UKDM decat wasnt the correct one to use.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon May 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Bollocks, have I got it the wrong way round on the cats? Sorry chaps - been a while since I played with exhausts :oops:

Damnit Honda - why didn't you just make them all the same?! :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Return to “Wanted”