Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

group buy section!

Found something crazy going on? Had a good idea? Tell us!
4thgenphil
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

group buy section!

Post by 4thgenphil » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:23 pm

we appear not to have one! :D
:thumbdown:

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

maybe it should be done properly i dont like the way they are normally done theres always problems they should be sanctioned by the site and the money paid into a central site acct before the buy is completed that way noone loses out
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 pm

like mills!

i have spoken to mods and dont plan on handling any cash my self!

but yes i do agree although it will be hard to sort.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 pm

We've only had one other group buy so far, the rear arches one. I'll have a chat with the other mods tomorrow - see what the best way forward is for group buys.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Fri May 18, 2012 12:16 pm

did we get anywhere with this?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri May 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Not really, we can't think of a neat way to work it so one person isn't left holding the money/reponsibility :(

Any suggestions welcomed though.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri May 18, 2012 12:28 pm

If we have a central site account, it is more than likely going to be Paypal which means a lot of money is going to be lost to paypal fees. A paypal account is going to need to be link to someones actual bank account anyway, so if a mod/responsible member is up for it and willing to use their bank account, then we may as well be able to simply bank transfer to their account instead and reduce the lost money on PP fees.

The hardest thing (which I'm contemplating when I go ahead with this Azect group buy) is how long do you wait for people who have said they seriously want in to pay up and keep the rest hanging?... Especially if it makes or breaks the next price bracket (if that's applicable).

And Mills, you really need to sort that out. Nathan has no good reason to still have your money and the cover. He knows exactly what he's doing (and that's taking the body lemonade!), so you don't have to be polite anymore ;-)

LoobyLou663

Post by LoobyLou663 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 pm

7 days you have to make the transaction on ebay. You need some sort of agreement from the person interested when they want to pay and ship. What if people put a deposit on an item with an agreed time frame for the rest of the payment? i personally purchase everything at the end of the month when i know wages will be in. Hope you manage to sort something

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri May 18, 2012 1:01 pm

7 days is definitely too soon to expect payment. Normally these things require building up interest first to get rough numbers, then getting prices from the supplier with those numbers in mind, then gauging more or less interest with those prices. Then attempting to collect money. This proceedure normally takes a couple of months, mainly due to trying to build up the numbers.

I definitely agree taking a deposit to show commitment is a good idea. Maybe the deposit could be enough to cover the price bracket, so that if a member drops out and this causes the cost to go up £5 because they were the "10th" person, £5 x 9 remaining = £45 (That obviously doesn't quite work, but something like that.) This would also depend how much whatever it is costs, but if it is about £50 or less you could just expect payment in full up front. Just an idea.

We'll also have to filter which companies we deal with, as we can't have any more scammers making off with our money again (TechCarbon, I-tuned) ;-)

LoobyLou663

Post by LoobyLou663 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 pm

i see sorry, i made a mistake, i thought you ment buying between members not ordering from companies, i now see the dilema.

Return to “Suggestion / Site Problems”