Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Merlin's 4G Time Attack Lude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
mart609
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Wed May 04, 2016 8:19 am

Well done to all!

spudep91
PSN GamerTag: starletgt123

Post by spudep91 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Super stuff getting her going again. What do you think caused that to duff your old engine merlin? How long had you that baffle in before it went like that pal?

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Re: Merlin's 4G Time Attack Lude - Mission Success!

Post by Merlin » Thu May 05, 2016 10:08 am

mercutio wrote:you need to stop shagging dogs :lol:
You know me too well :lol:
spudep91 wrote:What do you think caused that to duff your old engine merlin? How long had you that baffle in before it went like that pal?
I am thinking oil starvation. Either failed oil pump when I owned it or it got run really low by a previous owner which did long term damage. Lack of oil to the main bearings which caused them to fail. But I haven't yet taken the engine apart to find out. I have used that baffled sump on my track engines for the least two years.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu May 05, 2016 10:12 am

If the engine survives the next double header ( :roll: :lol: ) I am going to get the engine tuned. I was speaking to the dyno owner about tuning and trimming some of the fuel out of the mid range but leave the top end alone. Trimming the fuel will increase power as over fueling, while aiding cylinder cooling and give a little protection, will be sapping torque as it is not in its optimal air/fuel ratio. I never planned to use the 3" exhaust on a stock engine so that is a big contributor to the over fueling too.

The UK P13 is doing the job I intended it to do, calm everything down a little and let me know everything is working as it should. But with a P30 with Hondata S300 sitting here I should be using that.

spudep91
PSN GamerTag: starletgt123

Post by spudep91 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:05 pm

Is this the first engine to go on you pal?

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu May 12, 2016 9:01 am

Yes the one any only engine to have given out on me. The only engine H22 I have not owned at some point has been the black top H22a 197bhp 10.6:1 engine.

We took the fooked red top H22a S-Spec engine apart last night. Vanzep and Newkid were over to see how the engine comes apart. As expected there was big end damage. Rod 2 had lost one of its two bearings while rod 3 has lost both with one of them still trapped on the side of the rod. We didn't have enough time to pull the oil pump. The smell of burnt oil was pretty bad.

I pulled all of the pistons and rods as they will be turned into trophies for Super Lap Scotland.

JEBB4
Supporter 2014

Post by JEBB4 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:14 am

Just had a read (backwards) through a few recent pages and seems like you have had some dramas mate, well done for getting the new engine in there so quick, top work and hope you have some better luck in coming events :)
Jamie P 2013 wrote:i like tits :D
My BB6 build
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54187

My BB2 build (yang)(WRITTEN OFF AND SOLD)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18866

My BB4 build (yin) (SOLD TO DRAX)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12087&hilit=JEBB4+ ... ty#p203321

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu May 19, 2016 1:23 pm

I had the car in to get its wheel alignment sorted as it was pulling left. The divers rear was out as well as the passenger front. It pulls to the left under acceleration (not mental amounts but enough to notice when your hands are not on the wheel) as well which the alignment didn't sort. I think I may have bent one of the ARB drop links :( I need to have a look at it tonight. Its rounds 2 & 3 of SLS this weekend :x Also my intermittent IACV fault reared its head again, although after I pulled the electrical connector and blew on the connections it hasn't happened since.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu May 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Probably doubtful, but is your big gay wing 100% level? It may just be an illusion, but it looks ever so slightly lower on the left side in that pic, so that could be sending you to the left. As said, probably just an illusion, but worth measuring.

Merlin

Re: Merlin's 4G Time Attack Lude

Post by Merlin » Thu May 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Yeah it is an illusion. What ever it is it happened in the course of the 2nd engine change. During that I stupidly did not reattach the front upper on one side whilst undoing the other side. The result is the whole ARB tries to flip itself underneath the car. I would not be surprised if I have bent an ARB drop link :(

Return to “Lude Profiles”