Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Bri's H22A8 4th gen

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:16 pm

looking really good Bri 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Love a blck lude 8-)

mart609
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:01 pm

awesome! cars looking great already!
Also, I think i have an alternator going spare bud :)

Bri
PSN GamerTag: funky_bri

Re: Back in Black

Post by Bri » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:58 am

Mart thats awsome, let me know what you want for it mate. I will pm you. cheers guys and Im glad you like what I have done guys especially Gary 8-)

Carlosfandango
Supporter 2015

Post by Carlosfandango » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:31 am

Well done fellah :10:

I'll have to come 'round with Gary and we can take it out on it's inaugural blast around the Welsh mountain scenery 8-)
Carl

The older I get the faster I was :)

My Type-S

Dino

Post by Dino » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Liking it Bri.

Starting to look like a real tidy package 8-)

Bri

Post by Bri » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Cheers Carl & Mark. Carl yeah a blast round the mountains will defo be on the cards if you are up for it, think Drax was sorting somthing for 1st April so maybe we can do somthing then.

Mark, its coming together slowly, there are a lot of parts I want to upgrade and swap like engine mounts. I have to think of things like cam belt first off though. Its goint to take time to get this how I realy want it becuase this is budget sruff. Im lucky I held on to all my spares or there is no way I would of got this far on the income I havent had for a while.

Im gona get caught up on my bills, I owe out about £1200 ATM so get rid of that and save a little then its play time :twisted:

It would be nice to have it all beefed up, but cosmetics first as its an auto, its got the A8 in so a little tweeking here and there maybe a Type S ecu with conversion harness or maybe if I can save up enough a completely different ECU that will release every pony without busting the bank. Maybe bigger injetors when I get new ECU. For now I have a sleepy chip and a spare auto ECU.

I am going to see how I get on with it being auto, I bought Chufters old one years ago and I could not believe just how well it went, so thats why Im giving it a chance as an auto, secondly more relaxing to drive and it may keep me from being silly. I have 8 points and I had to put a sticker on my dash to keep remining me Im not on a track! :lol:

As long as its looking and runniing good then I have sorted the big stuff out. Its taken a lot longer than I hoped to get this far but winter and other jobby have held me back, now its spring Im ready for VTEC. Just had a quote of £670 fully comp. Not bad for 8 points and a CD10 on my licence. (bastards didnt do justice as usual).

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Top work :)
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

Bri

Post by Bri » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Well I thought it was time to do an update as my lude is no longer an auto. I will start off by saying a massive thanks to Mart for trundling up here with a load of parts for me and a massive thanks to Gary for the gear box.

So now I have a manual 4th gen with 5th gen H22A8 and M2P4 - UKDM 5G 2.2VTI ('99-' 00) same ratios as the U2Q7 Accord Type R box, just minus the LSD. I started changing the box on Sat of the easter weekend and my word it was probably THE hardest bit of work I have ever done on a car! Not only that it was pissing it down and I dont have a garage. Grim grim grim.

Finished the job on bank holiday monday night. Wet fed up and tired but it worked. Perhaps it wouldnt of taken me quite so ling if I had put the thrust bearing on the right way round before bolting the box back up :oops: Fitting the pedal box was ok appart from the fckng spring on the brake pedal, instead of changing the whole pedal mech I managed to just change the pedal, but there is a spring that comes off pretty easy but in those cramped conditions putting the spring back took me over an hour and I smacked myself real good in the head with some mole grips :lol:

got it going in the end, such a relief, everything in place as it should be and it goes like it should.

Had a few other issues to sort out too like no VTEC, after a lot of swearing, reading and faffing I found the problem, the car used to be an F22B so VTEC was never used, I stumbled on a plug by the passnger strut top with only 1 wire, same colour as VTEC solonid, it had a blanking thing and was not connected so I plugged it in and YEAH BABY VTEC!

Next up was engine timing, was way off so I sorted that, however I am still left with a niggle, After doing the conversion the engine idle jumps about when warm BUT it is an intermittant fault, no codes on dash. I have tried swapping vacume pipes about (may need to see some 5th gen VTI engine bay pics for this one) I have changed the FITV I have checked water levels but still have this issue. I notice that it also creates a bit of hesitation/flat spot on acceleration.

Other than that its happy days, Im treating it to some new tyres on the weekend because Im running slicks and I dont fancy more points. Needs a bloody good clean soon and a bit of elbow grease in the engine bay to get it to start looking tidy. Also stuck some half decent sounds in there. and gave it a good clean on the inside.

Next few jobs to do is find out where water is coming from, boot well is wet and passenger side floor. Zaust needs to be changed quite soon too. Will update when I make some more progress. Will add a few pics in a bit.

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Wooooooo!! 8-) Glad its running well Bri mate.
When you took me out in it, that Autobox was Grimm! :o Couldn't believe how much it was holding the car back :(

Return to “Lude Profiles”