Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

rrobis' IVgen

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
rrobis
My Generation: 4G

Re: rrobis's IVgen

Post by rrobis » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:26 pm

Put my Lude in winter sleep.
4gen Prelude JDM H22A LSD Accord CM1 Type-F
Image Image
Sortaflush. offset is something

laner84
XBOX GamerTag: LENNY B 84

Post by laner84 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Love that rear lip fella, i havnt decided whether to store mine or use it over winter because I've only just got it :)

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:34 pm

laner84 wrote:Love that rear lip fella, i havnt decided whether to store mine or use it over winter because I've only just got it :)
Thanks mate!
Well I guess it depends on your location.
In my area over winter there is so much salt on the road that it basically eats old cars alive.
Image Image

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Greddy exhaust sounds amazing. Glad to see you've fitted it already. Car looks 8-)

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:22 am

a couple of thoughts now circulating in my mind.
1) new clutch - currently i Have whining noise when releasing the pedal like this:
so over winter i have to decide what options do I have. so far i've came to conclusions, that lighnter flywheel is a must, so that's a no brainer. as far as clutch goes - for my current setup i really don't want to go over stage 2 as the car is daily and something more agressive would make it hard to drive daily. I saw some really good deals on ebay for XTD stage 2 clutch - any experience, or feedback regarding this?
the other option is ATR OEM as I've seen chaps around here are fitting that and driving happily. what's the benefit of that in comparisom to OEM 4th gen clutch?

2)tyres - would need to get some new rubber that is better in the wet and gives me more confidence in dry as well. currently i've heard good things about 3 options: Nankang NS2R; Federal 595RSR and Westlake RS Sport. now - as the car is daily, rubber that needs heat into them to start working is not really an option, hence the low TW options and high-end tyre like AD08 Advans are out of my budget. would like to hear some experience regarding those 3.

I've heard lots of good things about Federal 595rsr and 595 evo, heowever 595 rpm seems to be far better rated in wet. currently the choice is leaning on federals because of the price and performance of this particular rubber.

any thoughts?
Image Image

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:24 am

All these years I've kind of seen XTD clutches almost as an eBay special type clutch. I have no experience with them and I can only vaguely recall someone ever mentioning them once on the forum before, and I think suggesting they didn't last very long, but I could be way off the mark there.

However I do have a genuine Honda ATR clutch fitted to my 5th gen and I'd certainly recommend one if you're wanting the daily drive feel. They're good for up to 300bhp (The benefit over an OEM Prelude clutch) and you can pick them up on eBay for £159, so it's practically a no brainer.

Are you looking for a tyre that performs best in dry and still well in wet or best in wet and still well in dry?

Nankang NS2R and Federal 595RSR are what I considered for the best in dry option (I haven't heard of the Westlake). Merlin runs 595RSR's on his race car and claims they work well in the wet as well.

If you want a tyre that performs best in wet then I always recommend Uniroyal Rainsport 3's. I have those on my 5th gen and I love them! Top marks for wet weather performance and they still hold up incredibly well in the dry.

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:39 am

NafemanNathan wrote:All these years I've kind of seen XTD clutches almost as an eBay special type clutch. I have no experience with them and I can only vaguely recall someone ever mentioning them once on the forum before, and I think suggesting they didn't last very long, but I could be way off the mark there.

However I do have a genuine Honda ATR clutch fitted to my 5th gen and I'd certainly recommend one if you're wanting the daily drive feel. They're good for up to 300bhp (The benefit over an OEM Prelude clutch) and you can pick them up on eBay for £159, so it's practically a no brainer.

Are you looking for a tyre that performs best in dry and still well in wet or best in wet and still well in dry?

Nankang NS2R and Federal 595RSR are what I considered for the best in dry option (I haven't heard of the Westlake). Merlin runs 595RSR's on his race car and claims they work well in the wet as well.

If you want a tyre that performs best in wet then I always recommend Uniroyal Rainsport 3's. I have those on my 5th gen and I love them! Top marks for wet weather performance and they still hold up incredibly well in the dry.
thanks Nafe' for the input. regarding clutch - is there any difference in pedal/bite feel between oem lude clutch and ATR? if it's a bit stiffer, that's fine, what I really don't want super hard and unslippable feel like you get with ceramic sporty clutch when standing in traffic jams..

as for tyres - well, the target is to have good performance in dry and good in wet as well (highlighted in bold in your response) but without the quirks of getting the heat into tyre before it starts to work as it is pretty impossible when coasting around on public roads
Image Image

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:49 am

No there's no noticable difference in pedal stiffness between OEM Prelude and ATR clutches, nothing you wouldn't instantly get used to anyway. If I'm honest I went from a Competition Clutch Stage 1 Gravity Clutch, which was a complete pig to try and modulate in 1st, really juddery, to an ATR clutch and the ATR clutch was an absolute joy in comparison... Effortless shifting and modulating. Knowing I could add an infinite amount of mods to an NA engine without having to worry about it as well was a bonus :)

With regards to the tyres I imagine the Nankangs and Federals are very good contenders, but you should hear it from @Merlin the horse's mouth ;)

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:56 am

I have used the Federals in the wet many times, I only put the RainSports on when there is lots of standing water. The side walls on the Federals are very stiff. The unfitted tyre does not deform with my 75kg butt sitting on it ;)
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:59 am

Merlin wrote:I have used the Federals in the wet many times, I only put the RainSports on when there is lots of standing water. The side walls on the Federals are very stiff. The unfitted tyre does not deform with my 75kg butt sitting on it ;)
what about the performance when rubber is cold? as it is one of aspects differentiating track tyres from street usable
Image Image

Return to “Lude Profiles”