Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

S Spec Prelude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 am

When you say all over the place, is it when accelerating, cruising, over bumps, straight lines, corners, etc.?

Aaron14P
My Generation: 5G

Re: S Spec Prelude

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:40 am

Vtecmec wrote:When you say all over the place, is it when accelerating, cruising, over bumps, straight lines, corners, etc.?
So when accelerating it pulls either way, I know this can be down to torque steer but it seems like too much for it to just be that, when breaking it wobbles which is obviously down to the brakes being warn. Cruising and straight lines feels okay at times but it just doesn't feel solid like it should do

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 am

Brakes dont wobble when worn or do they warp. That's internet misconception.
Sounds like the alignment is out or the bushes are not done properly.

I surprised you had difficulty. On the type s i everything done I 2 days and aligned and perfect.
Roll bar sizes are all the same on the rear. Around 23mm iirc.

Max

Post by Max » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:54 am

Rack bushing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:30 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:Brakes dont wobble when worn or do they warp. That's internet misconception.
Sounds like the alignment is out or the bushes are not done properly.

I surprised you had difficulty. On the type s i everything done I 2 days and aligned and perfect.
Roll bar sizes are all the same on the rear. Around 23mm iirc.
Ahh right, I had the alignment done a few weeks ago using a hunter tracker system?

TGM in fleet done the work on the bushes and they said there was a lot of seized up bolts and didn't want to charge me for her the hours spent trying to get them loose.

Thanks for the ARB info, I'm going to order these bushes along with the radius rod bush seperate and get them done when I get the brakes replaced
Max wrote:Rack bushing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't think of this - I know the steering rack has a leak but I top it up regularly - I didn't think this would cause the steering to go out if I kept the oil topped up

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Aaron14P wrote:TGM in fleet done the work on the bushes and they said there was a lot of seized up bolts and didn't want to charge me for her the hours spent trying to get them loose.
Have you physically checked they've replaced them?

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:38 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:
Aaron14P wrote:TGM in fleet done the work on the bushes and they said there was a lot of seized up bolts and didn't want to charge me for her the hours spent trying to get them loose.
Have you physically checked they've replaced them?
Nope, haven't had access to a ramp + they have done work on the car before!

I think the steering rack could potentially be the issue as it's been leaking for a while and I guess there's only so long it will function properly even when being topped up?

Max

Post by Max » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:12 pm

I would not question TGM at all, myself and most dc5 owners use them with high regard for years. Its typical of them to say something like that though they are extremely honest and try their best not to stick you with a bill you didnt expect.

When i said rack bushing i meant that rubber sleeve in the middle of the rack, not the fluid.

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Max wrote:I would not question TGM at all, myself and most dc5 owners use them with high regard for years. Its typical of them to say something like that though they are extremely honest and try their best not to stick you with a bill you didnt expect.

When i said rack bushing i meant that rubber sleeve in the middle of the rack, not the fluid.
Yeah they seem very honest and whenever they have done work before it's been absolutely fine!

I know, I'm just saying it's been leaking for well over a year so it could potentially be that aswell as the bush! I may aswell replace the whole lot, it needs doing anyway :P

Aaron14P

Post by Aaron14P » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:57 am

Are all steering racks on 5th gen preludes the same? Can I use one taken from an auto or does it need to be one from a 2.2 manual?

Also I'm thinking of changing the track rod ends aswell - I've got a new job which requires a 75 mile commute twice a week so want it to be driving mint and I've read that these could be worth changing too?

Return to “Lude Profiles”