Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

BB4 clock colour

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
big damo
My Generation: 4G

BB4 clock colour

Post by big damo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 pm

hello people, i have a 4th gen BB4 and am thinking of changing the colour of the clocks, ive seen how its done and am planing on doing it my self but am unsure if i should go blue or red, i do like the blue but evry body does it :lol: will red work? and has any body seen the clocks in red as really dont want to take do it in red and then find out it looks rubbish

am open to sugestions, thanks :D

Pushki
Supporter 2015
PSN GamerTag: Luigi_Black

Post by Pushki » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:50 pm

Red would look pants in my opinion. :|

Here's Crazy's write-up.
http://preludeuk.forumup.com/viewtopic. ... =preludeuk
ImageImageImage

big damo

Re: BB4 clock colour

Post by big damo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 am

i can see where your coming from, but i want to do some thing different. ive seen a lot of ludes on the net that have the blue just cant think of any other colour that would look good and go with the car ( its red ) :D

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 am

Pushki wrote:Red would look pants in my opinion. :|
big damo wrote:i can see where your coming from
:lol:

How about White? 8)

big damo

Post by big damo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 pm

ive just took my clocks out to change the color but to my surprise i have blue L.E.D's , i also removed the clocks as ithought the bulbs where blown as only 5000 revs and 100 kph light up at night, ive tested the led's and theyall work but when i put it all back together only the top 2 work.

i have checked to see if there is any cracks in the circet bored ( think thats what it is called lol ) but all seams fine, have cleaned up the contacts but still not lighting up. does any body know what would cause this?

the car is off the road as mot run out yesterday but is booked in for saturday, i hope some body can help me resolve this problem as am going to essex on monday and dont fancy driving back late at night with no lights

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:52 pm

my sons 2ltr had the blue clocks and his was the same. looked like the top was bright and the bottom the bulbs were blown.

i think that there is too much plastic in the clocks at the bottom that gets in the way maybe for blue bulbs to shine through.

Crazy C fix with the colour filter seems to be the answer.
was going to suggest tha i have a set of EL dials you could borrow but just remembered they are facelift ones and we are both running 1992 pre-facelift.
but would happily swap out my white bulbs with your blue, will have to be tonight or tommorow though as off work at mo.

you have PM.

big damo

Post by big damo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:39 pm

just to up date every body, i found out that 4 of the 5 led's are dodgy ( only light up when they want to :twisted: ) have tested the bulb holder with some spare bulbs out of my peugeot and they work fine. where is the best place to get new bulbs? have tried motor world but they dont do them

cant use the one out of my peugeot as its now the girl friends car :lol:

Dbo
LotM Winner

Post by Dbo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm

will have a look in my garage mate. have a wole box of spares from a scrapper. will see if any dash bulbs in there.

big damo

Post by big damo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:48 pm

thanks ill give you some cash for them :D

Return to “Lude Profiles”