Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

EP3 seats on 4th gen Prelude?

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
eDaniel
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

EP3 seats on 4th gen Prelude?

Post by eDaniel » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:27 pm

Holla,

Recently I bought a set of Civic Type-R EP3 seats (photo below). I hope I'm not the first one trying to install these seats on a 4th gen. I'm looking for suggestions as to how to do the conversion. Should I remove the Prelude rails and them (try to) install them on the EP3 seats? Anyone?

Thanks,
Daniel

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:43 pm

@Nucleustylzlude had these fitted once upon a time.

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Indeed I did have some installed for a while.

Someone else did the head scratching and welding though. I've long since sold them to Ste on here who was selling them a short while ago. I did take a load of pics that will help you. I'll post em later as havnt got them with me.

One key factor was one of the rear bolts on each seat has to be in place when you weld the runners on and stays in place as a turntable captive bolt. Don't worry the pics will show what I mean.

eDaniel
LotM Winner

Post by eDaniel » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Great! Thanks in advance :)
I really like them as they offer more stability in the upper part of the body, where the Prelude seats lack any support. They feel a bit more firm than ours. On the other side, their are a heavier and bigger overall, plus they don't look as sexy as our seats (still way better than 5th gen's super boring ones). Also it seems this won't be a job for an hour or two...
That said, I'm planning to make them in the same style as the interior. Oh... and these Type-R labels are driving me nuts...

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:43 am

Havn't forgot about you bud. Didn't find time to dig them out on the weekend. I'll look later. :wink:

eDaniel
LotM Winner

Post by eDaniel » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:24 pm

I'm pretty sure you haven't forgot buddy :) Waiting patiently :D

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:04 am

Ok, dug them out @eDaniel

They actually retained the original EP3 sliding rails and just cut off the mounting hole brackets below them and added the Preludes ones:

Front of drivers side:

Back underneath of passenger side:

So from the above pic of the passenger side I took pics of each bracket. It's the rear passenger side mount the needs the bolt left in place as the rail on that side is so long it goes over the bracket/bolt location. See here:

Hope that makes sense as I appreciate the pics aren't great.

Other rear bracket:

Front drivers side (still passenger seat):

I didn't take a clear pic of the front passenger side, you can see it slightly here, but it follows the same principle as the other front:

Hope that helps bud. I'd note that the seat fixed this way sits a little higher than OEM seats so if you're really tall you might be close to the roof. I'm 6' tall and with my old spiky hair it would occasionally brush against the headlining. I'm not sure if there is another way to remove the EP3 runner system and fit the full lude sliding rails a little higher.

But they felt great to sit in, comfy seats and a little more of a hug to keep you in place than the ludes tombstone design (I'm sorry but as much as I love them, soooo copied from Porsches).

Cheers,

Rob

tricky
My Generation: 3G

Post by tricky » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 am

Yes. I have had those seats put in my 4th gen. The rails from the leather seats where put on the type r ones and welded. Took my mechanic mate a couple of hours. Also the seat does sit higher. So b careful if u r tall but on the track they r a great seat.

tricky

Post by tricky » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:26 pm

tricky

Post by tricky » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Return to “Interior”