Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

How to remove 5 gen door cards without damaging them

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
Andy1000
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

How to remove 5 gen door cards without damaging them

Post by Andy1000 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:10 am

I need to replace bulb in drivers side electric window switch that has stopped working
Got a new bulb from local Honda dealer and I do not want to damage door cards getting to it

What is the best way to remove the door cards As I have been told that is only way to gain access to switch

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:55 am

There's one screw in the lock release handle, one in the pull handle and then pop the speaker cover off as there should be 4 behind there, often fixing the speaker in place as well). I think that's it a far as screws go, although check the fixing that gets hidden by the dash when the door's closed near the top... Mines a push-up fixing, but I'm not sure if that original or not as I found it under the carpet and it just so happened to fit :D

Anyway, I digress... The rest is just pulling the pop fittings out, so start at the bottom middle and pull out. Once you've felt it release run your fingers along and release all the bottom poppers and side poppers.

The door card will then be just hanging off the top of the door now. The next bit is a bit tricky as the lock release pull is still connected. You need to unhook the door card all away along the top. You'll need to push it up with a bit of force to do this. Then you'll have to tackle the lock release mechanism.

You have a couple of options here I think. You can either pop the whole assembly out and thread it back through, or reach behind and uncatch it (though try to see what you're doing if you don't know how it catches), or you might be able to pull the lock release out and thread it back through separating the assembly. (I might be thinking of a 4th gen with that last one though). Either way I'm sure you can figure it out, it's probably all the popper fixings and screws you want to know about right?

Andy1000
Supporter 2016

Post by Andy1000 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:03 am

Thanks for the advice
Will let you know how I get on as i plan on doing it tomorrow morning

Cheers
Andy

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:16 am

Have fun :)

mills
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: mills1705

Post by mills » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:56 am

It is a push fixing at the top that gets hidden by the dash. And it's 3 screws under the speaker cover, then another 3 screws holding the speaker in place ;)

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:15 pm

yes and the door locking bar is held in place by a plastic clip so be careful with that
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Also don't forget the various wires to/from the speakers and switches :lol: more than once I've forgotten those.

Return to “Interior”