Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Recaros, brides? Which one..

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 pm

There's a fair bit of detail on them on Google. Apparently the fakes are very good, even in quality, and I think the give away to a fake is in the label (the flappy style ones you have in clothing).

nucleustylzlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by nucleustylzlude » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Yep, plenty of pics around, for all different models of seat, I've seen the label difference one Nathan mentions. But I have to admit, that even the replicas are very well made! :?

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

I always think it's daft that the manufacturer doesn't just create their own company. Even with all the taxes and rates they'll have to pay, they could create a name for themselves comparable to the likes of Bride, Recaro and Corbeau etc, but for a fraction of the price, and they'd probably make a killing... More so than selling fakes that the majority of people with money to invest in Bride will be aware of.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Re: Recaros, brides? Which one..

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:09 pm

An example of a fake...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-BRI ... 2a25fe3397

The real give away that it's a fake is the £189 price tag for what otherwise should be a £1400 seat :lol:

andypont
My Generation: 5G

Post by andypont » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:I always think it's daft that the manufacturer doesn't just create their own company. Even with all the taxes and rates they'll have to pay, they could create a name for themselves comparable to the likes of Bride, Recaro and Corbeau etc, but for a fraction of the price, and they'd probably make a killing... More so than selling fakes that the majority of people with money to invest in Bride will be aware of.
I know what you mean, but guess it's maybe to avoid having any design responsibility and copyright issues. They copy approved (and popular designs) and so dont have any design work to do. As they dont have their own brand I suspect they are also avoiding the legislation of testing and meeting certain standards. And lets not forget, they are hoping that some people will not know the items are fake, and so likely to aim for a higher price than they might be able to achieve otherwise.
Andy Pont

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Thing is, they are actually a registered company and their name is "Bride"... It's just they're registered in Taiwan and not Japan (The origin of True "Bride" seats). So things could fall back on them, but I don't knoww hat legislations and design analysis certificates etc said fake company would actually require due to the fact they aren't actually making any claims. Even so, if they have the means to make such good looking seats, they could invest in the R&R themselves and make more money as they'd actually have a worthy reputation and not just depend on tricking people into thinking they're something they're not.

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:26 pm

I can get hold of bride replicas which are much better than those in the picture. Brand new, they slide and recline, £455 for a pair delivered.
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Pictures and info Rob? ;-)

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Wap one of these into your car and sit on it.

At least it has the slide mechanism and might tilt forward.

Return to “Interior”