Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Gayno's a Quadcopter

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:26 pm

paul bristol uk wrote:He would have to have a large zoom to see your meat and two veg! :lol:
:lol:

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:34 pm

paul bristol uk wrote: I also have a concern that Merc might share about one of these toys getting tangled in a canopy.
I can see how that would be a serious problem Paul but the government is always 6-12 months behind these things with legislation
I can see Pauls point the helicopters that can be used outdoors are not as stable and cannot go out in anything but very light winds and it needs a huge level of skill to pilot them although the controllers are getting more intelligent and fly for you now if you pay enough :lol: .
And the vectoring jets and indeed all the jets or r/c planes are really expensive and are not exactly anonymous when it comes to buying them and don't you need some sort of licence for them? I am probably wrong there.
These quad copters are very stable and easy to fly can carry a payload as the military already know and have very nefarious uses :lol: anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes for the government to do something :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Gayno
Lord Gayness
My Generation: 4G

Re: Gayno's a Quadcopter

Post by Gayno » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

All valid points raised.

While there is no regulation on them, the flying of them is covered under the Air Navigation Order, which also applies to RC helis and planes, and has done for years. It's just that these are relatively easy to fly in comparison due to the gyro/accelerometer control boards keeping them stable whilst in the air, and this is the reason they are becoming popular, as any Tom, gentleman's sausage or Harry can get one up in the air without any real skill.

Paul, you are right in that I fly mine correctly, but there will always be an idiot out there who does what they want and will risk it for the rest of us.

There will be a long way to go before we see these delivery type UAVs, as the ANO at the moment doesn't allow for it. All UAVs must be kept in line of sight and no further than 500m from the operator. If you wish to go further than this, you need to log a flight plan with the CAA which I can imagine is not a quick task.

paul bristol uk
My Generation: 4G

Post by paul bristol uk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Nathan" I guess that's what curtains were invented for though" and 88's
I have kleptomania,
But when it gets bad,
I take something for it.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:25 pm

paul bristol uk wrote:Nathan" I guess that's what curtains were invented for though" and 88's
Although I'm not sure whatever's the other side of the window is going to be that attractive after firing that at it :?

Doggo
Court Jester
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Pretty cool, Gayno.

Was it on here that I first saw this fecking awesome idea? Forgive me if so. If not....

[youtube]y-rEI4bezWc[/youtube]

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Amazing :)

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:27 pm

F16 with vectored flight at 80+mph for the same cash

Things havemoved on a bit merc :D

Not saying you are not right but these kinds of things are simple and easy to aquire and operate. As gayno says these are great because there is a lot of gubbins keeoing it level. As to regulations? Bah. All it ever takes is obvious convinience, then technology, regulation and the paradigm shift to accomodate. AI and these linked up will be a serious part of the future.. hey, when we are all in self driving cars wont that just be a small logical progression

gayno, do you want to come and fly it in my back field :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i want a closer look.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Doggo
Court Jester
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Re: Gayno's a Quadcopter

Post by Doggo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:26 am

lewd lude lover wrote:
gayno, do you want to come and fly it in my back field :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Does that mean what I think? I don't keep up with the slang you kids use these days :roll:

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:49 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

hush my mouth.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”