Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Guess Crazy's New Non-Lude Project!!

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
Crazy_C
My Generation: 3G

Re: Guess Crazy's New Non-Lude Project!!

Post by Crazy_C » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Shaft is easier though cos the reliant was shaft drive :)
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

littlefeller
My Generation: 4G

Post by littlefeller » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:01 am

heres an intresting idea for ya, real scarey i love it :twisted: :twisted:
By littlefeller2010 at 2012-08-21
scarey as hell :twisted: :twisted:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:15 am

ok just found this, forget the reliant this is an idea and a half :D
opposing mono shock :D
expensive, but the idea is brill, i had considered a mono shock before (would allow you to sit further down looking more like the trikes a few pages back, rather than sitting on it) but only as a converted monoshock bike in the traditional way, never considered this kinda set up :P

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:06 pm

littlefeller wrote:ok just found this, forget the reliant this is an idea and a half :D
opposing mono shock :D
expensive, but the idea is brill, i had considered a mono shock before (would allow you to sit further down looking more like the trikes a few pages back, rather than sitting on it) but only as a converted monoshock bike in the traditional way, never considered this kinda set up :P
How would that react when cornering at speed though? Especially if you hit a pot hole! :?

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm

i dont the the word trike and the phrase cornering at speed will ever really be in the same sentence previous post excepted :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

A1ex
My Generation: 5G

Post by A1ex » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 pm

PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 pm

That's a tadpole, not a true trike!

Eventually I'll modify it so it sits a lot lower, shorter front forks, shorten the rear strut so the rear end sits lower as well, change the seat over and get it looking quite agressive and more chopper style.

First step though is get it back to my place, start stripping it apart, send the swingarm off, and then wait for the new rear end to be delivered :D
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 pm

what :o your not building it yourself :evil: chicken :lol: erm yeh cornering fast and trikes dont mix, this is why they are deadly, if you have a bolt on rear that utilises the swing arm how can it have independent rear suspension :roll: if it did there would be no point in aving a swingarm :D problem with this is what happens when one of the rears hits a pot hole :o hang on for dear life, thats why there fun :twisted: oh yes and im stalking crazy on the trike forum :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: but sshhh he doesnt know yet, well i dont think he does as i havnt logged back in yet and checked :lol: oops just gave it away :( ill go and stand in the corner for awhile :( :( :twisted:

Crazy_C

Post by Crazy_C » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm building it myself, just not the rear frame as I don't have the facilities for doing that, and I'd rather pay someone to build it that knows exactly what they're doing.

As for how it will have independent suspension, quite simply, it won't!! I would want to make it a hard tail conversion but that requires an SVA. Though I guess if I replace the rear shock with a solid bar, it will still count as a bolt on conversion but be a hard tail. All things to look at in due time.

I've driven plenty of trikes over the years, and never had any issues with cornering to be honest, just have to make sure it's designed so that the centre of gravity is low down, and wide rear wheels usually help too.

littlefeller

Post by littlefeller » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:41 am

no i know it wont have independent suspension, this is why there dangerous. but i like dangerous. i have riden a few too (always wanted one) but never owned one :( as someone once said on this forum - {it will all end in tears.} think this was after some member brought a quad. but it will be a fun ride to be fair. i cant be sure, but im fairly sure it was you who opened pandoras box for me last time :evil: my misses will kill you if you ever meet :lol: i personaly cant help it im a bloke :lol: yeh i like real daft things, its not my fault :lol: she still hasnt forgiven me for a mad kitcar i built with a friend (car weighed 320kg less engine, but then fitted with a v12 jag engine from an xj12 think it was something like 5.8lt, total lunacy, or the fireblade ( err no forget that it was an rg500 powered) gocart i built then crashed quite badly nearly killing myself :lol: oh yeh i also built a 200bhp 700cc ypvs inline 4, again real mad and cost a sh*t load in fuel, tyres and peed of the folk nextdoor. lately (last 6 years) i have been fairly normal, then this :twisted:

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”