Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

How to: PAS Removal

As much of the Lude knowledge we have in one handy place
LewisH
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Hepges

Post by LewisH » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:00 pm

True that Nafe. If love to remove all my PAS stuff as the front PAS cooler looks like its starting to Rot.
BB8 UKDM VTi

92jdmlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by 92jdmlude » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:34 am

I have a ps leak and i want to delete my ps anyways. It seems pretty easy to loop the lines at the vss and rack.

But do you HAVE to remove the lines that run all in the engine area? I want to remove the pump, reservoir, hose from pump and then loop the lines. Can I just cut the hard lines where I would use them as nipples to loop, then cut the rest of the useless line even higher up so it doesnt get in the way.

Or would everything have to be removed? Thanks

What about the cooler behind the front bumper?

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:29 am

See my reply int he other thread...

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/chassis ... t4265.html

And yep, cooler to, because of the same MOT fail reason.

92jdmlude

Post by 92jdmlude » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Ok very good. But can I ONLY loop the lines, and just leave everything in there except for the pump, pump hose and reservoir. I just dont want to take my front bumper off to remove the cooling lines and struggle with the hard to reach lines. I just want a quick fix because my lines are leaking bad.
Last edited by 92jdmlude on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:31 pm

92jdmlude wrote:But can I ONLY loop the lines, and just leave everything in there except for the pump, pump hose and reservoir.
No, because that'll be an MOT fail like I said, because the MOTer will see the open ended pipes and know something has been removed. Where you loop the rack it can be hidden again by the cover plate. It'd take a really anal and petty MOTer to go looking under that, but you must remove the rest as he could just stumble on it.

Of course some MOTer's wouldn't give a damn and if you have a friendly neighbourhood MOTer it might be worth having a natter with him prior to doing it to see what you can get away with ;-)

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:40 pm

I've just realised, you're in Canada right? :lol:

I have no idea of your rules and regulations in that case mate :lol:

92jdmlude

Post by 92jdmlude » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:48 pm

The MTO here only comes out on race events dates. Which is a couple times a year. Other than that, they are never here. I live in a very small town.

When I asked if I can leave everything, what I meant was, is it ok for the car to leave it all. And even so, I can still cut the lines so far down in the engine bay, and cap them. The MTO probably wouldnt even realize.

I am in canada, but we require PS too in cars that come with it.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeah, as I said in the other thread, you could leave everything there as far as the car is concerned. The pump (if the belt was left on) would just pump the fluid all over the road instead. The fluid won't be good for your paint though, so just prevent the dripping fluid getting on to that... Or your tyres/brakes ;-)

92jdmlude

Post by 92jdmlude » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Thank you

If it isnt too hard to remove it all, ill do it. But ill only know when I start. But for sure the belt, pump, fluid tank and pump hose will be removed.

92jdmlude

Post by 92jdmlude » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:06 pm

For now, I added a whole bottle of Lucas stop leak power steering fluid. Lets see if it slows down the leak.

Return to “Guides / How to's / Tech Section”