Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

spoke to tuners today, here's what they say

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
Teddy92110
My Generation: 4G

Post by Teddy92110 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:12 am

So sounds like custom it is then...once i get the car mechanically perfect so it drives smooth and everything i can move onto my mods. Like ive said earlier styling and all that is sorted as ive got my kit and alloys and are just waiting to go on. But i want my ride to be smooth no noises and things and want the car to be perfect so the drive feels good if you know what i mean

MaccaIRL
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: MaccaIRL

Re: spoke to tuners today, here's what they say

Post by MaccaIRL » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:16 am

Sorry to thread hijack :p

Is there a sticky anywhere for mods?

Cheap ~ 15bhp gain - I/h/e
Less cheap ~ 25bhp gain

Etc lol

Dont fancy spending 2k for 35brake increase is all
Lude-behaviour!

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:28 am

Teddy92110 wrote:
Thebusofwoe wrote:Yea genuine parts, sometimes cheaper than the public RRP. The manifold I'm using is a eBay jobbie top half and am getting a custom down pipe made with the matched collector for my system. And no, try y are great manifolds imo. Just too much cash for a budget build for me. 8-)
How much for a cheap manifold? Not spending on engine mods as i need to do other things with the car first such as driveshaft issues alternator and rust and a hole in the oem manifold and brakes so i just want a cheap replacement
Teddy92110 wrote:
Thebusofwoe wrote:Yea genuine parts, sometimes cheaper than the public RRP. The manifold I'm using is a eBay jobbie top half and am getting a custom down pipe made with the matched collector for my system. And no, try y are great manifolds imo. Just too much cash for a budget build for me. 8-)
How much for a cheap manifold? Not spending on engine mods as i need to do other things with the car first such as driveshaft issues alternator and rust and a hole in the oem manifold and brakes so i just want a cheap replacement
So do you need a new manidfold? Is your existing one cracked or something?

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:31 am

My manifold and down-pipe also need replacing as there are holes in it, I spoke to Performance Autoworks, they said, of the "eBay special" type manifolds, the DC sports one is the best and you might see 5bhp gains from it. I am considering one of these.

My exhaust is also knackered, funky power were doing a stock clearance and I managed to get a Skunk 2 megapower cat back for £350. They are usually £500. You could give them a call to see if they are doing any other deals. I haven't fitted the exhaust yet, going to do the manifold and down-pipe at the same time so I can't comment on it personally, but it seems to have quite a good reputation.

Teddy92110

Post by Teddy92110 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 am

NafemanNathan wrote:
Teddy92110 wrote:
Teddy92110 wrote:
So do you need a new manidfold? Is your existing one cracked or something?
Yes it does it has a hole in it somewhere being told by previous owner and when you put your foot down you hardly get any power until u reach vtec where you get some power. The alternator is not charging at idle only charges when you put your foot down.

Teddy92110

Post by Teddy92110 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:03 am

ATR84 wrote:My manifold and down-pipe also need replacing as there are holes in it, I spoke to Performance Autoworks, they said, of the "eBay special" type manifolds, the DC sports one is the best and you might see 5bhp gains from it. I am considering one of these.

My exhaust is also knackered, funky power were doing a stock clearance and I managed to get a Skunk 2 megapower cat back for £350. They are usually £500. You could give them a call to see if they are doing any other deals. I haven't fitted the exhaust yet, going to do the manifold and down-pipe at the same time so I can't comment on it personally, but it seems to have quite a good reputation.
Atm looking for cheap and cheerful as when i do my mods a month or 2 down the line after some saving up thats when im going to go custom. Any one here selling one cheap like £100-150

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 am

MaccaIRL wrote:Sorry to thread hijack :p

Less cheap ~ 25bhp gain

Etc lol

There is no real rule to what mods give what power and it depends on what engine you are modding. If you are curious post up a thread and people will give their estimations and experiences ;)

If you are getting a new performance exhaust manifold and a bigger exhaust it is deffo worth getting a propper tune after it. After I went to a 3" custom catback it threw my air/fuel ratio out and the engine was leaning out (which is very bad). But I was on a tunable ECU in the first place and the new exhaust probably didn't agree with the map.

OEM ECU's over fuel anyway, and may over fuel a little more with a new manifold & exhaust, but ideally the car should be tuned. Plus it will make best use of your mods.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

Teddy92110

Post by Teddy92110 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:13 am

Yes mate very true. All depends on the engine.

Lude-dude
XBOX GamerTag: Vtec Junky
PSN GamerTag: Rob7niner

Post by Lude-dude » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:33 am

MaccaIRL wrote:Sorry to thread hijack :p

Less cheap ~ 25bhp gain

Etc lol

welcome to NA tuning

collect 2nd hand parts over time you can get it down abit.

best to know what mods & what your trying to do, then once its all fitted get the tune

H22a5 UKDM 2.2 VTI 244Bhp 180lbs/ft Crower stage 2
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t3211.html

Teddy92110

Post by Teddy92110 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 am

Good advice mate thanks. Is na tuning a tuning company?

Return to “Tuning”