Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

BB4 2.2 VTEC LSD - White - Loads of Quality Upgrades

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
mrwizze
My Generation: 4G

BB4 2.2 VTEC LSD - White - Loads of Quality Upgrades

Post by mrwizze » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 am

Welcome to my rather reluctant auction for my beloved Honda Prelude.

To give the car its full title it is a Honda Prelude 2.2 Si Vtec BB4 LSD. It is a Japanese import, so has the more powerful 197 BHP H22A engine, and the BB4 signifies that it is the lightweight two wheel steer variant with the best power to weight ratio. It has the highly sought after M2B4 Limited Slip Differential gearbox.
It has 11 Months MOT until July 2013 (passed with no advisories) and 5 months tax (expires in December 2012).

History:
I am a Prelude enthusiast, active on the Honda Forums for a while and can promise that the car has been cherished, regularly cleaned and kept in tip top condition.
It is in excellent condition, and has done around 117, 000 miles (the speedo reads in KPH, so I have converted the figure to miles for this sale).

The cambelt, Honda original auto-tensioner, water pump, fuel filter, front wheel bearings and clutch were all replaced 10-20k miles ago.
The car has had a number of top quality upgrades, only recognised brand tuner parts have been used – no generic tat.

The upgrades have all been installed properly, no bodging and nothing dodgy. In total the extras add up to around £4K.

It also has original JDM and facelift elements such as the blackout full EL Electro Luminescent Dashboard, Electric Folding Mirrors, Wind Deflectors, Front Foglights, Climate Control and Black One Piece Headlamps.
It is fitted with a Cobra Thatcham Cat1 Immobiliser with optional Tilt sensor (with installation certificate).
The aircon was recently topped up and is nice and cold, and will be useful when summer eventually arrives!

As it is a Jap import, it has a knock sensor - this means that it can actually take full advantage of higher octane Super Unleaded petrol, adjusting the timing as required to produce the most power. I have mainly used either Shell V-Power or Tesco 99RON.

The bodywork is in very good condition for its year. Its Near perfect, there are the odd marks and supermarket trolley dings here and there, but nothing major at all.
I always kept the paintwork well protected with wax, and a couple of times a year the car got The Full Monty (wash, clay bar, another wash, polish, wax, glaze, sealant) which sometimes took two days to do!

The engine is fantastic, it doesn’t burn any oil and has no leaks, it engages VTEC very nicely and pulls very hard in each gear. The clutch is fantastic and is a well worthy upgrade. Being the M2B4 LSD gearbox, when cold you can feel a light knock in 5th but once warm – 5-10 mins later it only happens 2 out of 10 times. – Rather be honest.

In Car entertainment –
I have refitted my old Sony CD player, and Phoenix Gold QX2180 amp, but have left the upgraded front and rear speakers and all cabling installed. The front speakers are Phoenix Gold RSD 65c components (24db/octave crossovers). These speakers are wired with QED Silver Anniversary XT cable, and there are three sets of RCA cables running into the boot for front/rear and sub amps. There is 4 gauge power and earth cabling running from the battery to a gold plated distribution blocks in the boot, with 0 gauge Earth cabling from the battery to chassis. So all in all, plenty of infrastructure already in place if you want to stick in some hefty amps and subs etc.

MODIFICATIONS
Engine:
• • Fujitsubo Legalis R Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust – very nice and raspy
• • Jasma Fujitsubo Super Ex Stainless Steel Exhaust Header/Manifold
• • Fidanza Lightweight (8lb) Flywheel
• • Exedy Uprated Clutch
• • Spoon ECU Chip
• • Cold Air Intake with Filter located inside bumper recess
• • Oil Breather Catch-can
• • Iridium Spark Plugs
Suspension/Wheels etc:
• • KYB AGX Adjustable Dampers
• • Eibach Sportline 35mm drop Progressive Springs
• • Energy Suspension Polyurethane Full polybush bushes kit
• • Front and Rear Upper Strut Braces
• • Goodrich Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Exterior/Bodywork:
• • Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet (10 months old)
• • Aerocatch Bonnet Catches
• • Honda Jazz Mist Type Washer Jets
• • Night Breaker Plus +90% Headlight Bulbs
• • Red Painted Brake Calipers with Honda Decals
• • Professionally Smoked Road Legal Rear Tail Lights
• • Dinitrol protected
• • White CF type Rear Window Tints
• • Clear Smoked Side Repeaters
• • Clear Smoker Front Indicators

In summary this car in my opinion is amazing and I will be very sad to see it go, the next owner will not be disappointed. It sounds perfect - not too loud but with the CAI adding a growl to the engine note, changing to a howl when the VTEC kicks in... Honestly it sounds awesome.
The lightened flywheel makes a huge difference to the rev happy nature of the engine, spinning up and down freely with much less inertia, but still remaining easy to drive in traffic.
It has had a lot spent on it, and as mentioned before I only bought top quality parts and these were all new not second-hand.
They were not bought to increase the car’s value, more to improve and tailor the car to just how I wanted it to be.
I appreciate that I could return the car to standard and then sell the parts separately – again this doesn’t interest me, if the buyer wants to do that to make a grand or so that’s their prerogative. Personally I think that this car’s value as a reliable and seriously fun car is greater than the sum of its parts.
Many thanks and any questions please ask - PRICE £1395 - Harry - 07973 867613 or Paul - 0771 7237282

Last edited by mrwizze on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 am

That looks awesome man. Good luck with the sale.

I'm happy to vouch for this guy as a top seller 8-)
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 am

Looks like a well sorted car for a great price :idea:
Buy and drive, lovely.

GLWTS
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

Almost makes me wish I was in the market to buy another one! :lol: What a bargain!

Pushki
Supporter 2015
PSN GamerTag: Luigi_Black

Post by Pushki » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

indigolemon wrote:I'm happy to vouch for this guy as a top seller 8-)
+1 ;)

Welcome to LG mrwizze. Good luck with the sale! :-P
ImageImageImage

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Looks very nice 8-)

I think Nickyboy should stop fannying around and buy this

:lol: ;)
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:36 pm

^^^ That's a good point! He doesn't need 4WS!... It's just more to go wrong!

;-)

bennyboy
Art Mechanic

Post by bennyboy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:^^^ That's a good point! He doesn't need 4WS!... It's just more to go wrong!

;-)

....actually I totally agree, he should buy this very well sorted motor. :oops:

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

A1ex
My Generation: 5G

Post by A1ex » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:20 pm

I would if I didn't have a lude already
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

bennyboy
Art Mechanic

Post by bennyboy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:22 pm

God, once he's given us all our cut, there'll be nothing left :mrgreen:

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

Return to “Cars for sale”