Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

ATR front Pad Fitting Kit FOUND. WHO ELSE WANTS ONE?... Pg 3

Chassis/Brakes/Steering/Wheels discussion
NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:13 am

Massively expensive.

Shiny

Post by Shiny » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 pm

I got around 3 years / 20k at a guess on the DS2500 front pads. Just had them all changed as I needed a calliper rebuild so they possibly had a bit more life in them.

They are a bit dusty but I do like them over standard pads. Like everyone says, loads of choices available on the pads. Didn't know they were the same as the Lude though as the callipers are different.

For the other brake bits, definitely speak to Andy at Vtec Direct though, he normally has loads of spares available or can usually get OEM parts much cheaper than main dealers.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:20 pm

Yeah I'll definitely call Andy for the fitting kit.

I'm currently toying with Hawk HPS's. £78.20 delivered from Poland. Or it's £126.88 for DS2500's :|

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:24 pm

I have Pagid discs and pads on the front and there is nothing wrong with them. I give it the beans now and then and not once thought about needing more performance.

The Hawk HP+ (comparable to the DS2500) are ~£120 http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/mult ... 4861,81597
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:35 pm

How are Hawk HP+ from cold though? Don't they take some warming up? That's why I thought HPS would be a good compromise.

Just got a full refund for the second fitting kit that don't fit. Again, they haven't asked for it back lol.

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:42 pm

I ran with Hawk HP+ on my car for years. They were fine.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

farlow
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:15 am

I've used the hawk HPS a few times and they're excellent. Also very low dust, I had white wheels on my Aerodeck and they were a proper pain until I fitted these.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:51 am

Cool. I ordered some HPS's the other day, so should be here any day now.

I'm getting really tired of this whole pad fitting kit issue now though :x

I spoke to Andy at VTEC Direct last week. Unfortunately they no longer have any kits in stock and it didn't sound like they were getting any more any time soon. He did suggest Brakes International though and said they should be able to sort me out.

Sure enough Brakes International list a kit on ebay specifically for a CH1 Accord Type-R (No other models listed), sounds promising. The only downside, it didn't look to include the top spring plates. I messaged them anyway just to double check, but this was all they had. So I placed the order and they arrived yesterday.

... Exactly the same bloody WRONG kit as the Blue Print ones!

So that's 3rd time wrong, after checking with the supplier for the last two!!! :suicide:

It's now looking like Honda might be the only source for these now :facepalm: , but at £27.27 EACH!!! for the top spring plates and £15.66 EACH!!! for the carrier retainers I really wanted to find an alternative supplier :roll:

newkid
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:26 am

Any pics of this fitting kit your on about bud?

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:55 am

Yep... On my phone ;) Just haven't uploaded them yet.

I'm currently emailing with a Matt at Brakes International. He was hoping he'd found a set that works. His first response to me was...
A Strange one! It appears that your vehicle is using the standard shims i do have the longer(non Type R) shims available from Item: 331566731707 if you would like to take a look and confirm.
I explained to him that I'm not the only one to be suffering with this problem though, and also now I've had him take a few vital measurements it looks like these others he thought might work will also be too small.

I've also now asked him to check to see if they have any NSX fitting kits. The Honda part numbers are exactly the same for the retainers and the top spring plates and being there are no variants in caliper sizes of the NSX from that era I imagine from now on this will be the safer bet to search under.

Return to “Chassis / Brakes / Steering / Wheels”