Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LotM Noms

Old Lude of the Month entries
Ted
My Generation: 4G

LotM Noms

Post by Ted » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 pm

to say that im slightly pissed off that bennys car has been put through to voting for the third time and mine has not got through twice now is a bit of an understatement. i know my car isn't the only 1 not to have been picked and had somebody elses been put through over mine then that would be fine and dandy. benny has a lovely car dont get me wrong and im not having a go at him and i can understand that my car is not everybodys cup of tea but ffs give people the chance to vote for it or not. who decides what goes through and on what credentials are they picked? because i must say this seems a little unfair. i could have said this via a pm so as not to look like im throwing my toys out of my pram but this needs to be cleared up so everybody understands how this works.

for the record i am not throwing my toys out of my pram just feeling that there is some favouritism going on by the people who pick them to put the same car through 3 times.
my thoughts aired in public some answers in public would be nice now
cheers ted.

A1ex
My Generation: 5G

Post by A1ex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Ted,

Take a read of the last post in the nominations thread ;)

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/lude-mo ... 12-30.html
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 pm

posted the same time as the voting post but put up after i started my post i can assure you, i have a profile with pics on off my image shack that if i were informed of earlier that there was a problem with i could have done something about.
is there a problem with lude dudes pics aswell? only he was nominated too and declined over bennys once again.

so is everybody unable to view my pics then?

A1ex

Post by A1ex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 pm

No your pics work mate, but you cant link to them so they only work if you post them. When I nominated you the pic I posted didn't work.

I guess a quick PM wouldn't of hurt but hey ho

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 pm

tramroadmotors wrote:to say that im slightly pissed off that bennys car has been put through to voting for the third time and mine has not got through twice now is a bit of an understatement. i know my car isn't the only 1 not to have been picked and had somebody elses been put through over mine then that would be fine and dandy. benny has a lovely car dont get me wrong and im not having a go at him and i can understand that my car is not everybodys cup of tea but ffs give people the chance to vote for it or not. who decides what goes through and on what credentials are they picked? because i must say this seems a little unfair. i could have said this via a pm so as not to look like im throwing my toys out of my pram but this needs to be cleared up so everybody understands how this works.

for the record i am not throwing my toys out of my pram just feeling that there is some favouritism going on by the people who pick them to put the same car through 3 times.
my thoughts aired in public some answers in public would be nice now
cheers ted.
Dude, I do want to put yours through. But I barely have enough time to go trawling through posts trying to get images and links to profiles, hence my putting up in the rules "include an image and link to the profile".

I had to choose between Lude Dudes and VTIs and I chose VTIs because Lude Dudes (in my opinion) looks more modded and I wanted to get as many different generations in with them being as similar as possible. I felt that Lude Dudes conveyed much more (visible) work having been done than VTIs (granted you can't see much on VTIs but I still felt Lude Dudes would have stood out).

Your pics are viewable, but only on the imageshack site. I'm sorry dude, I do really want your car in and it has nothing to do with it being different (hell it's one of the biggest mods on this site! It should be in a competition category of it's own!).

There is no favouritism whatsoever, I can assure you. If there had been a second 2nd gen up I would have chosen that to mix it up a bit. It's just this is one of the few times that almost all gens have been nominated. I thought that your image was working originally (and was going to place it) however when I came to place the competition tonight the image wasn't working. All that happens is ludes are nominated and I try and pick as suitable a mix as possible, no favouritism or fixed pickings.

If you want to discuss this further feel free to PM me (or just drop a message here!).
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 pm

i was just going to move this to a seperate topic as i dont wish to drag the competition down maybe that would be easier for you to do and move these comment to it? as i said im not throwing my toys just seems unfair to pick the same car over and over again. if there had been only 4 nominations then yes but i still dont understand why lude dudes not been picked over bennys either. can you copy all this to a seperate thread and remove them off this thread?

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 pm

There you go bud.

Benny was picked to get the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th split, the rest I explained in my post above.
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

Ted

Post by Ted » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:37 pm

A1ex wrote:No your pics work mate, but you cant link to them so they only work if you post them. When I nominated you the pic I posted didn't work.

I guess a quick PM wouldn't of hurt but hey ho
you did ask could a mod sort it out and had this happened i could have done something about it over the last 2 weeks.

does anybody else use image shack? and if they do have they got problems with them too?
just out of curiosity as im no computer whizzkid could the pictures not have been copied and pasted then?

A1ex

Post by A1ex » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I use photobucket. Tried to get imageshack to work when I first signed up on PUK but with no luck. I do however have this pic in my account;

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm quite happy Lude-dude's car didn't get put in actually. I nominated him and obviously want to vote for him, but then Benny's 2nd gen was entered and I frikin love that car! :lol:

At least this way I get to vote for Benny AGAIN, and then I can simply nominate Lude-dude again next time ;-) Everyone will get their chance and they're not going anywhere ;-)

Return to “Archive”