Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Harness bar and strut brace Combo! (£75)

Where there is quantity, there is discount!
bristol_bb4
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 pm

Pleeeeassseee someone add me to the list :D

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Buzzonion Vtec wrote:It just occurred to me that it was pretty much 10 years ago that I made that setup!!!
Christ, where has that time gone! !
10 years ago I was only just in high school :lol: how does that make you feel!

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 pm

1. 4thgenphil
2. Nathan (Loving it!)
3. tramroadmotors
4. chrismc
5. si import
6. bristol_bb4

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Ah Thanks my love :)

nitin_s1
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 pm

I would still buy this even though I'm buying that rear strut brace from Cebul but the lack of removing the seats puts me off. :( I want to keep the seats. I don't know why people remove them. They don't even weigh nothing. I can carry both the rear seats and the bench thing with one hand. :lol:
Donald wrote:
Buzzonion Vtec wrote:It just occurred to me that it was pretty much 10 years ago that I made that setup!!!
Christ, where has that time gone! !
10 years ago I was only just in high school :lol: how does that make you feel!
Same!! :twisted:

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:13 pm

The four M12 fixings will be more than adequate for both harnesses being in use. I'll ask my stress guy at work tomorrow if I remember. He's got a table of all the sheer strengths of any size bolt at hand.

stk prelude
My Generation: 5G

Post by stk prelude » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm

1. 4thgenphil
2. Nathan (Loving it!)
3. tramroadmotors
4. chrismc
5. si import
6. bristol_bb4
7. stk prelude

hmmm looks awesome.. and i can still run my rear brace!

edit: o wait i see some of my interior still needs to come out to do this.. hmm stuff it.. i still want!!!
Last edited by stk prelude on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks for clearing it up Rich, I hope it was a genuine concern I had, and not just me being a pedantic muffin!
Buzzonion Vtec wrote:And one more thing
As with anything like this harness bar or pretty much most of the upgrades parts people buy, these should/would be sold as "not for highway use".
That is not to say that they are not safe in any way but it is purely due to the fact that these and most upgrade parts have not gone through testing procedures by the necessary "type approval" sanctioning body such as Tuv, jasma, bs etc
The other point I made, too much liability claims going on these days, damn Americans!

Ted

Post by Ted » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Buzzonion Vtec wrote:Just to add to what tram road have pointed out

The brace is attached at 4 mounting points on just about the strongest part of the car by the upper wishbone mounts. There mounts are effectively an m12 bolt which is larger and has a tensile strength that exceeds the standard seat belt bolts!
The steel used on this bar was roll cage cds so plenty strong enough
I used harness eye bolts welded to the the bar at the time for ease of harness removal to make it easier loading wheels etc for track days. If I did it again for myself I would leave these and wrap the harness instead purely to save some weight but this would also spread the load more across the bar if the worst should happen.

This bar/brace set up is way safer than mounting eye bolts into the rear floor or for that matter using a Tegiwa harness bar! !

So, what's my percentage cut of this group buy for allowing the use of my pics to sell the item? ;-)
I started a reply to gayno earlier and noticed you were online so wiped it out and waited in hope that you would comment. Im glad I did now as you have said what I was about to basically but coming from you it will probably be treated with more respect.

Myself and the other phil both value our lives and would not use something we felt was unsafe, which is why I point blank refused to make nitin one of those crappy things that bolt to the seat belt points on the pillars.this on the other hand is as you have pointed out perfectly safe and the reason we stole your design but modiified it slightly. As for royalties ask phil its his baby ;)

Ps gayno your a podantic muffin :lol:

Buzzonion Vtec

Post by Buzzonion Vtec » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Haha no worries on stealing the design, I've made last few for people over the years for various Hondas but always as one offs. I should really have made a jig so I could run off some batches at a time but there's always something else more pressing it seems lol

As for the comments regarding age. I feel great and happy than in my youth I got your experience a ton of iconic cars with cheap insurance, much quieter roads, cheap fuel and no speed cameras :-D
Age is no barrier unless you let it be one ;-)

Return to “Group Buys”