Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1998 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTI 4WS

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
presario85
My Generation: 5G

Post by presario85 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi Folks,

With great sadness, I am listing my Prelude for sale, so here we go:

The Good:

Approx 93k miles
Full Service History, mostly Honda until a few years ago and then independent garages
Cambelt changed in 2015
Mechanically the car has wanted for nothing over the years and drives like a fresh car
NO KNOWN MECHANICAL FAULTS WITH ANY PART OF THE DRIVE TRAIN
Remote central locking
Factory Honda Alarm with Honda alarm fob.
A/C - blows ice cold (alot colder than my 16 Plate Octavia)
Electric Windows
Automatic with manual tiptronic option - gearbox works 100% in all gears without any known faults
I would trust the car to take me ANYWHERE - just back from a 600mile round trip and it didnt miss a beat - I'm happy to personally drive this car to deliver it anywhere in the UK
EVERYTHING electrical and mechanical works - including the 4 wheel steering.

The Bad:
One rear arch has a small amount of bubbling/light rust
A couple of areas of lacquer peel
1 Panel (rear quarter) has the paint gone slightly flat - but polishes up quite well
My local bodyshop has quoted me £200 to correct all of the above body imperfections. Still an extremely straight and presentable car. (I could arrange paintwork to be fixed before sale, but the price would obviously increase in line)

Rear suspension has slight squeak when cold - not sure what it is but it disappears once the car has warmed up - I only get to drive the car once a fortnight at the moment so I always assumed it's just from sitting up - Car has NEVER failed to start on the button regardless of how long it's been sitting up.

In Conclusion;

Only selling due to building works on my house running massively over budget and need to free up some cash. You will NOT find a prelude in the UK that drives as well or feels so tight that is completely stock and never been messed with - I flew from Belfast to London and drove back home via Scotland to get this car, its been well cared for and it shows in how it drives. With the paint issues sorted, this would be amongst the best preludes in the UK.

FOR SOME REASON I AM CURRENTLY UNABLE TO UPLOAD PICTURES - PLEASE EMAIL ME AT PRESARIO85@HOTMAIL.COM AND I CAN SEND YOU THE PHOTOS STRAIGHT AWAY. Happy to answer any questions.

The car is for sale at £1200 ovno and I know it sounds ridiculous but I'd really love it if the car went to someone who'll look after it - hence advertising hear before putting in local pages.

Car is located in Northern Ireland but I will deliver to any part of the UK (providing you give me a lift back to the nearest airport/major train station) for £250.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Welcome and thanks for posting up, sounds like a real shame situation, I feel for you.

Pics would definitely help sell tbh - you need to upload then to something like photobucket and then cut/paste the "img" link into the message text on here.

Return to “Cars for sale”