Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

I like the form of this protest

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:40 am

We are not a nation of 'makers' anymore though are we. We dont really produce 'things' and 'stuff' like we used to. We have devolved most of that off to less developed european nations and the far east. We are an economy of ideas and services above all now. We create the plans that other people put into action and design the machines people use to make and create resource. Not actually do the things that get you grubby...

As such, to most of the population, the grumbling of milk producers is a distant thing. The process of producing milk is almost an anacronism in the UK nowadays and people know it. The money is going/gone out of it because of cheaper imports from lower paid nations and a market price driven by the end seller. Also by a dispassionate populace.
People dont really care anymore, deep down. Farming has been a dying trade in the UK for decades for very good reasons. Just like factory mill workers and coal miners, we have moved on to other more IT or service based jobs. Those who would have been factory workers of three decades ago are now more than likely call center workers or data entry techs. All the low paid low skill manual jobs went overseas to developing nations. Farming as well. Its only that milk goes off so fast that we still have any point source supply left at all.

So what you are left with is hopping mad milk farmers who refuse to move with the times and let Bulgaria supply our milk cheap while they move off the land and into the city like good first world citizens.
That public support is at best marginal is proven by the fact the only way they can think of to get any support at all is to give the stuff away after buying it in the shop. Buying it in the shop. We used to run infront of the kings horse for things we believe in. What happened to us?

Now, I offer all this as devils advocate so dont jump down my neck but seriously, what do they think is going to happen? People will suddenly decide that a 30% hike in all dairy items produced in the uk will be fine? Yes they will, no problem they will say, and they will then buy cheaper milk from somewhere else (paul and wiggz aside :P ). Dairy farming in the UK is finished. They know it, we know it, it just has to happen. As a trade it is laying on the cold milk parlour floor bleeding out from a terminal knife wound to the gut.

If they could come up with an adequate synthetic milk substitute they would be back in business. That is much more in keeping with the modern western economies and the tech driven development of society. Pulling on cow nipples is old hat. Where is the development curve? If they could come up with a substitute they could beat down the old style in favour of the new but they wont. They will dig their heels in till they fall off the cliff.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:49 am

If you really want to live in a country where all the land has been turned into cities and you're drinking synthetic products, then I guess that's fine.

It sure as jobby is not the place I want or would live though...
lewd lude lover wrote:We used to run infront of the kings horse for things we believe in. What happened to us?
We have developed and adapted our forms of protest to move with the times and deliver action appropriate with the developed world, instead of living in the past ;) :P
(touche?)
:D

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:35 pm

I dont want to live in any kind of place to be honest. No way.

The bell tolls for them though. Diversify or die as they say.

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:30 pm

I don't even drink it so what do I care. I get my calcium from cheaply produced cheaply imported Chinese chalk.

:roll:

As for synthetics... we don't even breed proper produce anymore let alone strive to create some real superfood. Aug 1st New Scientist if you have time to flick through one in the supermarket when you go to not buy milk.

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:33 pm

wurlycorner wrote:If you really want to live in a country where all the land has been turned into cities and you're drinking synthetic products, then I guess that's fine.
Confirmed for more Norfolk than me :lol: I would take interestingly shaped concrete and easier navigation if it means I don't have to endure a county of zero contours and farmed land everywhere. From my current vantage point I can count 16 fields, all growing the same thing. It's really great being outdoors in it all...

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:58 pm

I dont drink it either. All the legally allowed puss and blood corpuscles puts me off :lol:

That and the very real fact that its supposed to be drunk by baby cows. Not adult humans :?

Sailor
Supporter 2016

Post by Sailor » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:28 pm

lewd lude lover wrote:I dont want to live in any kind of place to be honest. No way.
Have you got plans, then?
International Pensioner of Mystery

Doggo
Court Jester
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:07 pm

:lol:

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:24 am

Sailor wrote:
lewd lude lover wrote:I dont want to live in any kind of place to be honest. No way.
Have you got plans, then?
Why yes, I have. :D Typo aside :P :oops: this is my house, so maybe I can get away with saying I dont live any particular place? :lol:

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:16 pm

I don't think you have enough BBQ's there for 2 people...

Return to “General Chat”