Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

350Z - opinions, please

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

350Z - opinions, please

Post by Sailor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:47 pm

My lad test drove a 10 year old 350Z today and has stars in his eyes.

Do any of you have any experience with these?
International Pensioner of Mystery

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Not had much experience, driven a few though and they are super nice. Reliable too.
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:25 pm

I like the look of them with the right wheels :geek:

vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by vanzep » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 pm

only been in one a couple of times - it had been tweaked a bit - was pretty rapid...still a big heavy car
having said that he just sold it and got an economical runaround
being japanese should be reliablish
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Reliable but thirsty.
Not fast as what it should be.
Looks nice when wearing Rays Alloys.

Lot of ppl like them. The 2 seater puts most of us parents types of tho. But a single guy it's perfect for.
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

GreenyUK
Supporter 2014

Post by GreenyUK » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Had one, loved it.
Mine was just over 300bhp the torque is great also you can over take things in 6th easily.
The ride is very good and comfortable. Mine was lowered 35mm on tein springs.
Due to the lsd and chassis they handle really well.
Yes it's a heavy car but it's still quick and stopping is fine with the brembos, I had ds2500 pads all round and groved and dimpled discs.

You can't beat the noise of them, they sound epic with a decent exhaust system.

If you need help or info give me a shout :).

Donald wrote:I think the best bet is to probably all try to enter together.

jjmartin349571
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: jjm349571

Post by jjmartin349571 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:31 pm

I remember driving behind one of these in my Legacy wagon on B roads in Kent. He couldn't quite leave me behind but it sounded lovely when he tried :lol:

They're good looking cars imo, I'd want the Fairlady Z for JDM points though :lol:

A mate of mine had a 350 z for a bit and never had any dramas with it, he got it with about 70k miles on the clock iirc. It liked petrol though as said and eventually he got a ford instead :?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 pm

@sir si and @I_BB4_U have one

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Never really took notice of them. I much prefer the 370z.
And i much much much prefer the 300zx (z32).

I_BB4_U

Post by I_BB4_U » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:15 am

I do indeed, I have the 2009 313 GT with VQ35HR engine.

I have to say I love this car and wouldn't swap it for anything right now but it does have its pros and cons and is not perfect.

The first and biggest con is the weight as mentioned already, its around 1500kg which is hard to believe for a two seater. If this car had been 150-200kg lighter with the potential to remove more weight with mods this story around this car would've been very different. The interior is cheap in places as plastic parts seem to have been painted with black satin paint from the factory which chips very easily to reveal white/grey plastic underneath! :-\ Another con could be the economy but its really not bad for a 3.5 V6, I'm getting around 22-23mpg town/country/commute and up to 35mpg as advertised on long motorway drives. For me I don't really care right now and my H22A lude was actually about the same. The brakes maybe also need a mention in the cons but this is only the because (mine at least) don't seem to have much bite when cold and take some heating up which is only achievable if you're really driving the car hard. They are still slightly unresponsive even then and it has caught me out a few times, the lack of sensitivity does make heal-toe easier but I think I will definitely try some higher bite pads (maybe Ferodo DS?) when they need replacing. On the track I bet the brakes suit perfectly.

On the pro side. This is one hell of a good handling car, it took me a while to get used to driving it as the clutch is so sensitive and it feels like it has a lightweight flywheel from the factory (I stalled it more than a few times :oops: ) but when I did holy batman did this car put a smile on my face I could of spent years modifying another car and still not come close to the handling of this. It's steering is so tight an accurate, its weight transfer is as perfect as I can imagine, very little body roll, chassis flex, the tuning of the shocks are about as hard as you would want stock without it becoming uncomfortable and there is a nice level of feedback and vibration coming from the wheel and gearstick.

Oh yea, then there's the engine. That sound!! People will quite literally turn heads when you start it, it sounds (to my straight 4 numbed ears) like something far more exotic. Holding it in gear there is a sweet spot that just has the nicest sound you really don't want to shift up (or look at the petrol gauge). Winding it out to redline sounds fantastic with the windows down and close buildings ect to reflect sounds but it doesn't quite reward you as much at the very top end as I think it could have, or maybe I've grow too used to screaming VTEC engines?!

If I could pick one thing to change about it it would be the weight, take some of the fat of her so she can pin me back into my seat as hard as you expect she might for 313HP and the 'Z' car legend could be brought back to life but I'm still super happy with it and wont be changing to anything else for a while.

Return to “General Chat”