Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

No phone

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

No phone

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:46 am

Just a quick note in case anyone has been trying to contact me*...

I have had no phone since Monday evening after android shat itself. Won't be getting a replacement for about another week probably (delivered from HK, courtesy of tobydeals.com)

So, if anyone is after me*, PM on here and I'll pick it up when I can (or if you're friends with Lisa on arsebook, you could try messaging her and she could get me on my work phone).

*unlikely I know, considering I'm an arsehole and no-one likes me

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:22 am

Now you don't have a phone I have a desire to call you. It's true what they say, you always want what you can't have :cry:

Out of interest, what phone was it, and what are the symptoms?
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Shiny
My Generation: 0G

Post by Shiny » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:43 am

Can't you just reflash Andoid?

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:10 pm

Its an htc one m8, but thats not relevant to the problem. I've done loads of research online on this. The symptoms are a pretty common series of android faults, across various phones (I.e. across different manufacturers) as they get old, well used, bbattery capacity drops etc.

It needed a factory reset a couple of months ago to clear the fault/get the phone working again, which worked ok, but the same fault then came up/it had 2 factory resets in 14 hours on Monday. I give up. I can send it away for repair but timescale is the same, so pointless. Plus I'm not sending it anywhere or doing anything more severe with the phone than factory reset till I know I have recovered all my data onto another (some stuff that Google drive doesn't capture)

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Ah yeah, the joy of a non-user serviceable battery. Brilliant way to make the lifespan of phones more finite :(

What are you looking at next? Contract handset or buying outright?
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

Dino

Post by Dino » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Do you only have virtual friends on here? :(

Hopefully you can make real ones some day Iain.

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:21 pm

I don't have any kinds of friends :cry:

The battery life on my current one is still great (goes over 12 hours even with heavy use, easy) but it has the usual problem with older phones where life at the bottom discharge end of the battery isn't linear, it starts to dive off a cliff and the phone doesn't properly recalibrate to account for it.

Just rung htc support actually, to see what the options are for repair of my old one and they were brilliant as it happens! Firstly, I didn't realise that they offer 24 month warranty! :o :shock: :hail:

It's an htc 10 that I've ordered. I haven't done contract handsets for about 8 years. This will be the first time I've bought new though, always bought second hand. Cant afford it tbh (going on the credit card :roll: ) but the difference between new and what they go for second hand was only £40. I would have got an m9 (the specs of the m8 are still fine for me) but they still cost jobby loads used and I have read they are really buggy compared to the 8 and 10.

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Could it be that the pigeons that left cow pats on my car were actually carriers bringing me messages?
International Pensioner of Mystery

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 am

And they can't understand why you keep washing the messages away. The last one was clearly marked urgent.
Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:09 am

The size indicates the urgency...

Return to “General Chat”