Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Bit of a scare - with good news to share.

Banter goes here, and doesn't have to be Lude related
simonc
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by simonc » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:59 pm

Hi all and hope you're having a good weekend. I wanted to share a redacted version of a letter I got from the urologist who'd treated me late last year giving me the all-clear on the cancer front. Obviously, I'm thrilled to have received this and although it took an unholy amount of time to get into the hospital to have the cystoscopy and part of the prostate removed, it was worth it all in the end.
And in the upbeat mood, may I take just one moment to address all of you gentlemen and urge you all to get to your GP in the coming weeks and book yourself in for a quick prostate check. I know the mere thought of it send shivers down our spines and yes, I know it's something we males of the species don't want to consider, but please take it from me, five seconds of uncomfortableness for two year's peace of mind is well worth it, as my letter will attest.
I went through a pretty turbulent four months last year and wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy. So do yourself a favour, gentlemen, swallow your pride, call your GP and prepare for the latex-snap of the Marigold glove. Believe me, fellas, it's really not that bad and to have the privilege to know you're in the clear in the old meat-and-two-veg department is truly mind-blowing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

nalla
My Generation: 5G

Post by nalla » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:30 pm

Brilliant news and thank you for the message.

This subject is now being discussed and highlighted on tv, encouraging us as well.

I think it’s time that we heed your message.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:59 am

Ah that's great news, really pleased for you, Simon - and well done for raising awareness.

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:42 pm

Agreed. Good stuff, Simon.

I'd like to add that it's also well worth using the 'poo sticks' the NHS sends out. It's how they found my bowel cancer in enough time for me to not even need post-op chemo.
International Pensioner of Mystery

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:34 pm

@Sailor you're absolutely right, Hans. As the old adage goes, the prevention is better than the cure. Glad to hear you've been informed that Chemo is not on the list of requirements. Time for a glass of beer each to celebrate the good news. :D
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

Return to “General Chat”