Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Events 2015 - Your Feedback

The events diary
lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:09 pm

For me its just been a busy year. That and I have been less involved with the club this year , mainly due to being busy :lol:

I have seriously thought about japshow finale but the fuel, ticket and food just add up to more than I will justify given the fiasco last year with the track. Also driving an auto 4x4 is pointless at a drag strip.

JAE was fun but I have not been back. Cant say why. Probably driving a bmw for the last two years?

National meets are a torch for another member to pick up and run with now. atleast till I have 12 acres of my own. I think nathan knocked it on the head though. At someones house, safe and with no worries of anything else going on is a positive draw for numbers. People feel secure in leaving home for the weekend and knowing they can get out any time they need to and there are 'no rules' within normal boundries. Shows are full of show people and the atmos is very different.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:19 pm

lewd lude lover wrote: People feel secure in leaving home for the weekend and knowing they can get out any time they need to and there are 'no rules' within normal boundries.
Which describes jae...

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:23 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
lewd lude lover wrote: People feel secure in leaving home for the weekend and knowing they can get out any time they need to and there are 'no rules' within normal boundries.
Which describes jae...
I'm not sure about that.

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Donald wrote:
wurlycorner wrote:
Which describes jae...
I'm not sure about that.
Having never been, I'm not surprised you're not sure.
For those that have however, they are.
:P

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:51 pm

I guess we have different views on 'no rules' and what you can do on private land vs what you can do at a public event. :roll:

wurlycorner

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:02 pm

It looks like we might also have different ideas about what is private land, too! ;)

(ps don't worry, pink flamingo shorts are still allowed)

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:36 pm

You knew what I meant. :yawn:

You can't tell me JAE has the same freedom as LLL's old place.

W1ggz
PSN GamerTag: W1GGZ

Re: Events 2015 - Your Feedback

Post by W1ggz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:14 pm

That's making it sound like we all got really naughty at LLL place I think we were quite well behaved tbh

Donald
Supporter 2015

Post by Donald » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:30 pm

It was all going on in my tent ;)

prahunt

Post by prahunt » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 pm

This is a good idea Gayno.
Also well done on all your work into organising these, and anyone else who has chipped in. 8-)

JAE is the standout show for me.
It's an amazing weekend, very relaxed atmosphere and I liked the new venue. I think next year now people know the layout we will see it packed out more and hopefully more trade. As that was a bit lacking this year.

Japfest 2
This was fun for me, however I had not attended one before and it is reasonably close for me.
I do feel all the club stands were to packed in, and they were not very well marked out causing some issues amongst some clubs.
Trade area was good. A nice mix of different trades. Apparently there was track action....? :lol: shame it was so difficult to see as the NSX with ITB's blasted round the track.

Japshow Santa Pod
This was a really enjoyable weekend. It was a shame there were not more Prelude there, but I enjoyed walking around and watching the strip.
Not to keen on the camping. The ALAN joke got very unfunny very quickly...
However it was my first weekend with Lude Generation and was highly enjoyable experience still. Probably be better if we had maintained a grass pitch so we could of had quiet camping.

I haven't been to many other meets apart from small local ones organised by friends.
I would be up for some more, however the factor will be distance and worth. I wouldn't want to travel 3/4 hours for the same old same old. I'd prefer to see something new, either cars, attractions, trade, activities, etc.

Things I would like to do/see next year
Dyno Run
Road Trip - Euro
Nurburgring?? ;)
JAE 2016!!!!!
'We need some meat for the lions'

Return to “Events”