Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Le Mans 13-14 June 2015

The events diary
BlackMwack
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Le Mans 13-14 June 2015

Post by BlackMwack » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:10 pm

During JAE this year, we had an opportunity of signing up for interest in going to Le Mans in June next year, the idea being that Fuggles would email those that put their names down with updates... am aware that not all those that put their name down actually received the emails but nevermind...

Anyway, anyone is able to sign up if you wish to go. This is going out to lots of jap car clubs, so thought to post it here. Would be 8-) if we had an LG contingent. Here's the two emails received already..
Thank you for registering your interest in the JAE @ Le Mans tour for 2015. With Nissan and Toyota going head to head against Porsche and Audi it promises to be a great event. If you’ve never been to Le Mans you are in for a treat and if you have been then the chance of two Japanese manufacturers going head to head promises to be interesting. And don’t forget it was a Toyota driven by Kazuki Nakajima that took out Nissan’s Delta Wing two years ago: – watch the driver try to fix it as no mechanics are allowed on track: this is heart-breaking

We will be releasing more details soon but if you know of other people interested please let us have their email address or forward this email to them and ask them to contact us. For some clubs just getting to the south coast of Great Britain is a long drive so if we can help there let us know and we can arrange a stopover en-route or another day of excitement for you on the way.

The Le Mans 24 Heures is booked for 13-14 June 2015. Put the dates in your diary but make sure you also add 10th and 11th as extra days off as we plan to get there early, watch the practice and get the party started!
Second email:
The JAE @ LM package will have us camping at Bleu Nord. It’s a stone’s throw from the track and just along from the main start finish straights grandstand. For late night owls it’s on the same side as the concert arena but for those who want to take is slow the subway right near the camp takes you to the trade area and the main bars, beer tents and food venues. Better still here’s a map!

At Bleu Nord we have all our pitches together. When it comes to booking you’ll need to specify how many cars and people. Each car gets a 7m x 5m space. Plenty of space for a car and tent and if we work it right and shuffle up a bit (how many cars are 5m anyway?) we will have our own JAE Central just in case we feel like getting together for a beer or two!

Ticket prices includes your entry to Le Mans 24 Hour, camping and car parking as well as a few other goodies like car sticker pack and JAE @ LM Tour T-shirt. We may even have some new JAE merchandise for you to buy before you go, you guys (and gals) will get to see it first!

The £75 per person deposit will soon be in the JAE shop on our website http://www.japcarclub.com . The only options you might want to consider is a grandstand pass to watch the start finish. If you’ve never been definitely worth it and if you’ve been before you don’t need me to tell you. All our grandstand passes will be together as well (unless you leave it really late and we sell out of curse)

The entire event is being organised in association with 1st Tickets so you get all the travel agent/tour operator guarantees etc. And on the way there and back we propose a leisurely convoy with stopping places for a bite to eat. What is determined as leisurely perhaps we can discuss over breakfast on the ferry. Oh and we’ve even arranged privileged boarding on the ferry so we should be first on and first off as a group.

Details will be in the shop soon along with final prices. The reason we don’t yet have final prices is because the Frenchies have not yet told us what the price will be of entry etc. Sorry about that, there is only so much we can do!

If you are not interested please let me know. If you have more coming please also let me know as we need to gauge numbers as best we can.
@gayno I know that you went last year, have you already got plans, or would you be interested?
So, is anyone on here interested in going? The advantage of going with something like this is that they do all the organising for us :D

prahunt

Post by prahunt » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:06 pm

I'd be tempted to go.
What's the overall price?
'We need some meat for the lions'

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:09 pm

BlackMwack wrote:
JAE wrote:Details will be in the shop soon along with final prices.

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:06 pm

@BlackMwack@wurlycorner

Yes, I signed up at JAE also so have been receiving the emails. I did this to see what their plans are and cost in comparison to what we did this year.

At present I am planning to return next year on the same package as this year.

The JAE campsite is one of the public sites, and is very close to the track so there won't be chance of sleeping through the Saturday night, and then they plan to return home late on Sunday (although there is option to stop an extra night). They are also using the ferry (which I don't deal well with!) which is slow and some low cars can have problems boarding due to the ramp.

The package we went on cost £300. This includes the circuit weekend entry ticket, it is on a private fenced off camping area within the airport grounds so security is very good. The cost also includes breakfast and dinner each night, so there's less to worry about with not having to pack all camping cooking gear.

This one however, is only for the Le Mans hospitality, and doesn't include the channel crossing. We used the tunnel this year, and after doing so this is how I will cross in the future. It's quick, easy and is completely flat entry onto the train for lowered cars!

If you are interested, the party we went with this year are already in planning, Ian has my number so just give me a bell if you want more info.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:14 pm

To be honest I'd rather go with a smaller group, @gayno keep me the loop would you good sir?
:thumbdown:

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:24 pm

@4thgenphil

No problem, PM me your email and I'll copy you in on all details.

BlackMwack
Supporter 2016

Post by BlackMwack » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:25 pm

does sound like a better option I agree, will for you to also keep us informed too :D

farlow
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:17 am

I might be interested, but please bear in mind that I've promised to go to Le Mans for the last four years now and still haven't been :facepalm:

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:06 pm

its been years since I went to Le mans
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Return to “Events”