Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Events 2015 - Your Feedback

The events diary
lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by lewd lude lover » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:00 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
lewd lude lover wrote: People feel secure in leaving home for the weekend and knowing they can get out any time they need to and there are 'no rules' within normal boundries.
Which describes jae...

No. It doesn't. Not for me. JAE was ok but I'v not been back and I held three national meets in the time since I went and have been to multiple other shows. Donald is right regardless of having been or not. I'm not knocking it but having been I doubt I would go again and I wouldn't feel I was missing out if I didn't. I can also understand why lots and lots of people would shy away from it in the calender.
That said I'm not saying I would never go again but I wouldn't go for JAE. The people from the forum? yes. JAE as a show? no.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:45 pm

I haven't been to a show in years... But I would like to next year, there maybe a chance I'll b back home on UK soil early next year. So gives me time to sort out kungfu bobs type s, and I'll drag my friend who has my green lude along too..who won't need dragging as he would love to take his car to shows, I would like to support the club more than anything and also show off the Beautiful Cars we Own and love.
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:47 pm

lewd lude lover wrote:The people from the forum? yes.
Yes, exactly - that's the main reason for going. Catching up with friends (including ones that are with other clubs and you otherwise wouldn't see) and having a drokking good party. It's a very 'non show' car show :D That there are some good cars to look at is just an added bonus.

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:30 am

To me JAE is the best show of the year.
Its basically a festival, but with cars instead of music.
Setup camp and get wasted for 3 days with mates and look at cool jap metal.
Japshow, Japfest 1+2 is basically same jobby different day IMO. Once you've been to one you've pretty much seen everything.

farlow
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:41 pm

I kinda agree with Mart on this one. Did japshow and hondafest this year, hondafest was amazing japshow wasn't. I also did japfest in 2012 and as much as the turnout was great it still wasn't that good.

As far as JAE is concerned, I love it. Claire and I were gutted that we missed it this year and my dad was also pretty pissed. I attended the national meet last year and thoroughly enjoyed that too but cant understand why it got such a high attendance compared to JAE. (No offence meant by this comment james it just seems a little odd)

Next year I would like to see the new mimms venue as I didn't make it this year and hopefully make a return to JAE. There are talks of hondafest again both within the club and with the guys over at Hond-r but I can't commit to either at this time.

I cant see me attending another japfest or japshow though to be honest. Not that much that interests me, lack of atmosphere and a very long drive for a 1day event.

As far as future club events go it'd be nice to see things mixed up a bit, it is entirely possible that other people may have similar opinions to me about japshow and especially japfest, anyone who lives in the north has no chance without staying over and there's no fun in that as everyone else just goes straight home.

If for example Lude generation decided to do a race meet like the BTCC or GT cars I'd be more than happy to scratch a date in my calendar. Full weekend camping, BBQ's, music and beer. Claire and I have attended most of the uk circuits at one time or another and can confirm it's a very enjoyable weekend. Also be nice to think it was at a circuit that is nowhere near the previous shows and would give some of the members from different areas of the uk a chance to meet up.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:02 pm

now thats a good idea a national meet at a race event
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

W1ggz
PSN GamerTag: W1GGZ

Re: Events 2015 - Your Feedback

Post by W1ggz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Yeah that is a cool idea

Drax

Post by Drax » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:13 pm

how about a 1 yearly club trackday at somewhere central like Rockingham? I hardly know anyone who has been there, anyone can come in and watch for free and I bet there's a good campsite nearby we can all chill at the night before maybe.

plus people who don't want to track their cars can still turn up to the site and park up together plus anyone who is willing to double/triple up sharing their car on the track im sure would happen too as long as the costs are shared.

then its a p*ssup & bbq night before, a club meet and a legal 'fun' drive :)
even invite non-lude friends to join in the trackday too, boost the numbers even more.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:59 pm

wouldnt Donnington or Oulton Park be more central you have to think of the Scottish Boys as well
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

farlow
XBOX GamerTag: Pikey Pockets

Post by farlow » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Oulton park is a great track, the camping is the best I've seen. You can literally watch the racing from your tent.

Return to “Events”