Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

LG Official: Japfest - 24 April 2016

The events diary
Gayno
Lord Gayness
My Generation: 4G

LG Official: Japfest - 24 April 2016

Post by Gayno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Japfest for 2016 has now moved to Silverstone race circuit. It is now also earlier in the year, being held on Sunday 24 April and for the first time, there is camping available the night before.

WHO IS THE CLUB STAND FOR?

IT IS FOR EVERYONE! (preferably with a Prelude! :lol: )

ALL CARS ON STAND MUST NOW BE OF JAPANESE MARQUE

There is always an impression that people think that their car isn't good enough, that the club stand is for the elite only. Not the case, it is an area for our cars - that means all members, no matter what condition or state of modification your car is in.

It also gets you into and out of the show quicker I personally find - rather than having to queue and park in the public car park. And depending on where the stand location is may give you a shorter walk to the main show area - or next to the best viewing corner of the track - Quarry corner like we were last year. People come off here a lot - very deceiving bend - everyone likes a little drama! :D

CLUB STAND PASSES

How much?

Due to the new venue, the organisers have moved back to a ticket and pass system.

The cost of a show entry ticket is £18 per person.
The cost of a weekend ticket (show + camping) is £28 per person.

WHO/HOW DO I PAY?

This year, the organisers have moved to an online booking system for clubs. This means YOU can book your own ticket!!

Yes, less hassle for me, you get your ticket posted direct to you from the organisers, and we all just turn up on the day :D This has been a long time coming, and will make the process much more streamlined.

To get your ticket, please do the following:

1) Visit here for the ticket ordering website.

2) Select "Lude Generation" from the drop down list.

3) Enter our club password which is 161.178

4) Select the ticket(s) you require. Remember, tickets are per person.

5) Don't forget to also select a stand pass. Without this you WILL NOT gain access to the club stand. You will be asked to enter your vehicle details here, presumably these will be pre-printed onto the pass.

6) If ordering for yourself and a friend, you can select 2 stand passes, and input vehicle details for each one.

7) Continue through the booking process, choosing any extras and then proceeding through the payment section.

DEADLINE

As we are not collecting payments, we have no official deadline for the club as per previous years.

There is a closing date of Friday 18th March set by the organisers. We have no control over this, and if you have not ordered your tickets by this date you may well miss out.

I think that's everything. Any information on the show can be found on the website - http://www.japfest.co.uk

Just PM if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Adam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Gayno
2. wurlycorner

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:48 pm

Bollocks :evil:
You mean I have to actually commit what prelude I will come in, when I book? :?
:facepalm: How can I possibly know that!!! :evil:

(btw I'm in :lol: )

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer
My Generation: 5G

Post by honda-hardy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:59 pm

i dont own a lude anymore. :cry:

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:59 pm

wurly has a couple of spare lying around :lol:

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 pm

indeed he does. :lol:

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:39 am

:lol:

Jay88B

Post by Jay88B » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:42 pm

So no more, one pass for the car and all in the vehicle automatically have admission :( Oh well less cheap skate tag alongs this year then.
Gayno wrote: And depending on where the stand location is may give you a shorter walk to the main show area - or next to the best viewing corner of the track - Quarry corner like we were last year.
Not sure how we will manage to get this spot this year? Might be a bit of a trek to the track from combe....

I'll be ordering my ticket/pass at some point over the next fortnight. Be interesting to see how a venue change will effect it.
SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST, DRIVE!

Prelude: Because all great stories have one. Just like Honda.

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Whoops :oops: copied and pasted last year's thread, thought I'd got all the CC references!!

BrokenSpring
XBOX GamerTag: RyZer12M

Post by BrokenSpring » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:34 am

Oooh i would be super up for going. Not been to one of these shows for a few years. Not sure my lude will be shiny enough to display though :cry: .
Will have to come as a regular punter me thinks
Offloading 5th Gen bits.

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:17 am

BrokenSpring wrote:Not sure my lude will be shiny enough
Gayno wrote:There is always an impression that people think that their car isn't good enough, that the club stand is for the elite only. Not the case, it is an area for our cars - that means all members, no matter what condition or state of modification your car is in.

Return to “Events”