Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Andrew Keep - Funeral

The events diary
Gayno
Lord Gayness
My Generation: 4G

Andrew Keep - Funeral

Post by Gayno » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:47 pm

We have recently heard the sad news that a fellow Prelude owner lost his life while driving his car. Andrew Keep was a big petrol head, and while not a part of our club, he was well known in his local community.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/family_of_fa ... _1_4402337

His funeral is being held at Great Bealings church, which is just outside Ipswich, on Monday 15th February at 2:30pm.

His family have stated that if there are any fellow Prelude owners who wish to attend they are more than welcome.

Here is the message from Andy's father:
"We would love to see them. The petrol heads are quite a close community" so here are the funeral details:

"Andrew's funeral will take place at Great Bealings parish church at 2:30pm. on Monday 15th Febuary.
It will be followed immediately by the burial in the churchyard (to which all are welcome). There is plenty of parking opposite the church and the parking areas (off road) will be signed.
The press release in the local paper states that though many people may feel more comfortable in traditional funeral attire (which includes me), the family would be delighted if folk wish to wear shocking pink to reflect Andrew's attitude towards life.
Here's the Church on Google maps https://goo.gl/maps/bZWzvvn9zK52

If anyone from LG is able to attend, please do so to show our solidarity as a community and respect for our fellow owners. Even if we get just a couple to attend, it will be a great show of support to the family.

For any further information, please PM @johnnyb who is in contact with the family.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:28 pm

That's really great of his family. Wish I could go (and had a Lude on the road to take :oops: ) but unfortunately I will be at work :evil:

Drax

Post by Drax » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:30 pm

exactly the same as wurly :( plus its over 200 miles and an 4hours away from me, otherwise id defo go :cry:
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:31 pm

yeah i thought about making the trip down
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:39 am

Cheers guys, and thanks @Gayno for posting this. It's a big ask (and I will completely understand if nobody is able to attend) but if any of you can come along it would be fantastic. Obviously I will be there in the Prelude (if she's behaving!) as I'm sure Andy would have appreciated. I never met the lad despite being family friends with his parents and from what I've seen and heard of him in the last 9 days I'm more the poorer for it. It's a real shame he never found his way here as I'm sure he would have made an excellent addition to our community.

I'll also say please don't be put off by the church service and burial - just to have a car park with a few (or loads!) of Preludes in would mean an awful lot. Nobody likes funerals and you won't be expected to come in for the service, although of course you would be more than welcome to should you want to.

As stated in the original post if you have any questions please drop me a PM and I'll get back to you. Thanks all.

JB

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:01 am

Just a quick follow up to this thread. The funeral was very well attended - the church was completely full and there were around 60 people standing outside listening to the service on loud speakers. I was able to get my 'lude running well enough to make it there which was a bonus but the car park was a petrol heads dream, some awesome machinery on display. There is a video that was made for the service which I can share with anyone that's interested, very well edited and Andy's Prelude pops up a few times, although the pink rims aren't to everyone's taste :lol:

I mentioned to Andy's father there was a lot of interest in attending but distance and prior commitments had prevented it - he was pleased that this forum had shown a genuine interest so I'd like to thank anyone that spared a passing thought for Andy and his family. Right now this thread has had over 200 views which is pretty special since the only thing you shared with him was his choice of car 8-)

Thanks 8-)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:53 am

Can we see some pics of his Lude? I'm really intrigued to see what it was like.

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Glad it was well attended sounds like a great send off 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Return to “Events”