Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Club Improvements? - Ideas

Found something crazy going on? Had a good idea? Tell us!
BMCC
My Generation: 5G

Post by BMCC » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Some good ideas. On the national meet I think it would be a good idea to rotate it 1yr in Scotland, England & Wales. Seen as we could argue all day long about where to meet first i'd say go for Wales then we can argue there if the next meet should be Scotland or England. Maybe some sort of competition? (Friendly of course!)

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Depends if we're gonna need passports to go to Scotland or not :lol:

Or maybe choice venues each year e.g. Lake District, Valleys, Highlands?

BMCC

Post by BMCC » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Donald wrote:Depends if we're gonna need passports to go to Scotland or not
Can't see that I would have thought it would be like going from N.I into the Republic, although we might have vehicle checks in case you f*ckers are trying to get your grannies free personal care. :lol:

Picking a few locations could be a way, but getting local knowledge would be key, so could the Scots come up with a venue and the English and the Welsh?

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:42 pm

bb1boy wrote: I just mean that I don't have any experience with running clubs like this, let alone improving them! You guys are more qualified to make decisions for the club so I should just leave it to you instead of making suggestions that have already been tried and that have already failed :)
you do not need experience with running a club, or improving them. its people like you and i who are not the best at it that inspire, this leads to progression in the ideas and suggestions, every great tree started from an insignificant seed. a small idea could be the trigger to much greatness.
bristol_bb4 wrote:What about a LOTM callender? Sounds lame but I bet plenty would pay for something like that
this would also be a grey area for a number of reasons. a calendar of lotm winners as the predominant picture, surounded by smaller pictures would sell better than just 1 car per month.
i organised a group buy of calenders and bought 40, bearing in mind back in 2010 ludebehaviour was as vibrant and as well used as here, but of those 40, i only manage to shift 23. i still have spares.

here are some screen shots of the calendar ,

bb1boy
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:07 am

What kind of boot spoiler is on the black 4th gen? I started to design one like that last night!!! :evil:

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:27 am

It was owned by a guy called matt on ludebehaviour. I think it was the standard spoiler cut and filled into the boot. I will get some better pics up

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:42 am

Free Nitin poster with one years membership.. :twisted:

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:49 am

I don't think membership is a good idea, also in my experience having areas that only member only just ruins the site. Look at DelSolUK all the service manuals and guides are in the paid member section.

In the near future I will probably be able to do club t-shirts and hoodies.
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:57 am

rob quilter wrote:In the near future I will probably be able to do club t-shirts and hoodies.
That's good to know. I have a place near me that I have used a few times and they have been great, but ultimately would be good to keep this sort of thing in-house.
As soon as I sort this program, I'll put up a few threads about designs for items - lanyards/caps/T's so that I can see what people would like on them, then I can do a mock up and get a cost.
Incidentally, ATM I am just thinking how I personally can help, I don't want this to automatically be down to the club/mods as they have enough to do and I don't want to speak for them, but of course if things go smoothly and they are happy to be involved then great.
At the mo I see no harm in me sorting some designs, if all are happy for me to do so.
They can then be used by 'club' or by me etc doing a group buy as required, but either way the designs would be needed and I'm happy to do that. :)
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:58 am

rob quilter wrote:Look at DelSolUK all the service manuals and guides are in the paid member section.
They're free on dsoc (no membership fee).

Return to “Suggestion / Site Problems”