Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Blue Beauty from Malaysia

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Bri
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: funky_bri

Post by Bri » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Epic clean!! and them seat re trims!!! I want some with a vivid red in the centres. If you can get the man to give us a price I will be up for a set if they are reasonable!!!

Like this one I had done, I used the original cloth for the black and had the red cloth sewn in.

simonc
Supporter 2016

Re: Blue Beauty from Malaysia

Post by simonc » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:33 am

prelude91 wrote:Nice machine, i'll be in K/L for a few days for the G.P. at the end of march, on my way back from N.Z. and en-route to Thailand, any tips on places to see after the G.P. please.
Morning mate, yes, there are quite a few nice places to see here - actually, the best thing to do is high-tail it out of KL and go and kick back in one of the fab resorts. Of course it's all about time so if you do have a couple of days I thoroughly recommend an island called Redang which is just like something out of Robinson Crusoe book. Miles of unspoilt beaches and simply gorgeous crystal clear seas. It's a real snorkelling paradise and great to kick back and just relax for a bit. Another lovely place is an island called Tioman which is off the East Coast. You can get there by ferry and like Redang, it's just gorgeous. However, if you're looking for nightlife and chick-chasing then forget it! The resorts cater for err, the more 'mature' crowd so Patpong it ain't!
I guess another place you could squeeze in is Penang which has a lot more going for it in terms of a city atmosphere by the sea, if you get what I mean. Penang harks back to the old colonial days and is pretty interesting as well as having some great reasonably priced hotels right on the beach. If you're a history buff then Malacca is right up your strasse. A world heritage site and chock full of museums and things of the cultural variety.
Like I say mate - it's all about how long your stop-over is. For Redang, Penang and Tioman you can get cheap fares on Air Asia or Firefly so even if you're on a budget, the fares they offer are pretty reasonable. Of course it's best to book in advance as you'll save a few bucks that way. The best way to Malacca is on one of the many non-stop coaches from KL, again reasonable fares and (traffic permitting) not a bad way of getting there.
Hope that helps mate and if I'm going to plump for the best my number one place to visit for a real tropical treat would be Redang. Let me know if I can give any more suggestions. Cheers, Simon.
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:36 am

Hi Bri, I'll get the guy's contact details from Linda and put them up here (if that's allowed). Please bear in mind his English ain't too good but the work he does is absolutely top rank.

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:22 am

The car looks great!!
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 am

Cheers Mr M!

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:56 pm

So when do we get the vid of you doing the sausage run?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm

:? I think that would need to be in the NSFW section? :lol:

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 am

You know Donald, what you wrote is pretty weird. By that I mean that I was thinking over the weekend that the next time I am on the sausage smuggling run to Singapore that I should put my camera on the dash and do a vid of the Blue Beauty at full chat on the North-South highway. Your psychic powers have now confirmed it - I will definitely do the vid and share her V-Techness in all its glory.

prelude91
My Generation: 0G

Post by prelude91 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 am

Hi Simon, thanks for the background info on Malaysia, at present my flight plan has me booked to leave on sunday mid-day, part way through race day, not ideal, i'll be seeing the agent Wednesday and see whar alternatives they can give me for later the same day, or even a couple of days hence, it'll also depend on how long I can stay at the hotel my mate in Thailand is booking for us, and the cost, my intention is to fly Malaysia to 'KOk and stay there for the whole of April, then return to blighty, you're suggestion for places to see are very extensive, you should work for the tourist board!! Pedang , Malacca and penang sounds good to me, I thin my mates father was stationed in penang during the war or may have worked there after the end of hostilities. Love to see the vid of the blue beauty. Whilst in Thailand I'd love to see the group of islands featured in the man with the golden gun, also Burma railway and other stuff.

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 am

Hi all and Happy New Year. Apologies for the radio silence but been travelling a lot over Christmas blah, blah, blah. Now, regarding the seat upholstery. Linda and I went down to see him and I'm afraid the result of the conversation ( exclusively done by Linda because he doesn't speak a word of English!) is not good.
Bottom line folks is that this guy (brilliant as he is) has a local and state wide reputation and gets all his work through word-of-mouth. I know you'll find this hard to believe but he doesn't have email, doesn't advertise either on line or in trade magazines, he just has people coming in droves to his (rather ramshackle) garage. As he doesn't speak a word of the Queen's, communicating with him from Blighty would be nigh on impossible (unless you're a fluent Mandarin speaker) and even faxing him would prove a nightmare for you. I'm sorry to disappoint but rather than trying to put you in touch with him I honestly think to keep everyone from heartache, massive phone bills and potentially disastrous results we'd better forget him as a potential source.
It's a great pity because as you've seen, his work really is top rank but the distance, lack of effective email communications and the language barrier mean this is a non-starter.
Sorry for the bad news Gentlemen, I do hope you understand.
Simon.

Return to “Lude Profiles”