Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Petee's Lude 4th Gen H23A

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
preludemanh22
My Generation: 4G

Post by preludemanh22 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Looks Awsome mate and that is one Awsome daily

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:48 pm

One is a brick* and one is a sexy svelte sexy thing... What's not to love? :D

(* I don't mean that in anyway unkindly about the scooby, just by means of a simile for comparison purposes ;-) )

prahunt

Re: Petee's Lude 4th Gen H23A

Post by prahunt » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:37 pm

wurlycorner wrote:One is a brick* and one is a sexy svelte sexy thing... What's not to love? :D

(* I don't mean that in anyway unkindly about the scooby, just by means of a simile for comparison purposes ;-) )
Haha it is a brick. A fully JDM brick. I love it as everyone is just like, whaaatttt? Haha.
But two different stylings of Japanese brilliance.
'We need some meat for the lions'

prahunt

Re: Petee's Lude 4th Gen H23A - Dyno Run

Post by prahunt » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Visited the open day dyno at FD tuning and fabrications in MK.
Is a nice little set up they have and good guys there. Friendly and knowledgable.
I was hoping for 120/130 bhp. So I was plenty surprised when I got this:

Needless to say I'm really happy. Quite surprised how good that result is. It performed well against the over cars. So overall happy me.
Took a sneaky picture while there, got more to upload and some videos of the runs which I'll upload soon.

prahunt

Post by prahunt » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Couple more pictures from the dyno day.

Got 2 decent videos of 2 runs which I'll get uploaded this week at some point as well. Just for those who like the note of a singing engine.

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:26 am

What is the engine spec? The torque does not look right for a stock H23, way too high. My built H22a makes mid 180's in lb/ft. Stock H22's make around 150 lb/ft peak.

If the dyno is not reading the torque correctly you wont get the correct bhp figure.

Wikipedia wrote:
H23A2
Found in the European 4th gen Prelude 2.3i (BB2). It produces 162 PS (119 kW; 160 hp) & 154 lb·ft (209 N·m) and comes with a "black top".
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:29 pm

I was going to say that torque is dropping lower than your mum up top.

prahunt

Post by prahunt » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Merlin wrote:What is the engine spec? The torque does not look right for a stock H23, way too high. My built H22a makes mid 180's in lb/ft. Stock H22's make around 150 lb/ft peak.

If the dyno is not reading the torque correctly you wont get the correct bhp figure.

Wikipedia wrote:
H23A2
Found in the European 4th gen Prelude 2.3i (BB2). It produces 162 PS (119 kW; 160 hp) & 154 lb·ft (209 N·m) and comes with a "black top".
The engine is standard spec except the air intake. Then the exhaust is a custom stainless steel with decat and only 1 silencer. Standard manifold. I was surprised by the figures. Unless there's something on the car I don't know about. :?
The road seemed pretty accurate for what other people where getting regards figures?? I plan to revisit them again in the future when I've sorted the CDA and back box, it may get a different result then.
Couple of my mates there said the torque figure looked pretty standard for a NA engine. Apart from potentially being to high why do they look out?

(Also excuse my bafflement as I've never taken a car on a dyno before)

prahunt

Post by prahunt » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:01 pm

So as its nearly May I thought I better pull my thumb out of my Subaru and invest some time and money into getting the Prelude ready.

So I've just got her booked in for job number one.
New twin tailpipe back box.
Heading to the talented worked of EMP Performance in St Albans. Really good guys down there and do some amazing work.

Once that is on and done, I shall get getting the alloys of refurbed. Also going to invest in some new tyres.
What do people recommend as a top quality summer tyre, and also best place to buy?

Hoping to have the above done in time for Hondafest, along with some minor jobs I can do myself.

Also, attended a meet last week and got snapped by another local Honda enthusiast.

He got very excited to see my Prelude. Turns out he works at Norton Way Honda where I take her for servicing.

prahunt

Re: Petee's Lude 4th Gen H23A - New Exhaust

Post by prahunt » Fri May 06, 2016 7:37 pm

So I finally got round to replacing the back box on my Prelude.
As nice as it sounded it was a big old dust bin style tip which I'm not a fan of unless they're on Evo's or Subaru's.
So I got it replaced with an angled shot gun exhaust.

Top work by Simom down at EMP Performance.
Much smoother looking and in keeping with how I see the car.
The impressive thing is it sounds exceptionally like the old exhaust which is what I wanted. There is a slight raspier sound when your in lower revs which is great. Has that classic Honda rasp a bit more now.

Will upload some more pictures this weekend and a little video of how it sounds.

Return to “Lude Profiles”