Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

G-Lude's Black H22A8 5th Gen

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
G-lude
My Generation: 5G

Re: G-Lude's Black H22A8 5th Gen

Post by G-lude » Wed May 20, 2015 10:00 am

Thanks guys :) think I had to double take on whether it was my car haha :lol:

Very happy with the result :) Can't wait to get the springs and alloys sorted!

G-lude

Re: G-Lude's Black H22A8 5th Gen *Mini Photoshoot*

Post by G-lude » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Long time since I have got round to posting up an update. I have had a week off of work and have managed to make solid progress with getting the aesthetics of the car exactly where I want. Looking back at my first post I seem to have achieved what I was aiming for this year! so without further a do...

Civic Type R Alloys - Fully refurbed in anthracite, these look great against the black paint work. I think I also prefer the look of these to the Motegi's. I will however hold onto the Motegi's at the moment and perhaps when I get some time i'll dig them back out to give them a nice refurb. :)

Powerflow backbox/exhaust tweeks - My sister who's an Avid BMW enthusiast (guess the car scene runs in the family) let me know of a place over in Aylesbury called ARO exhausts. It's run by one guy only, Anthony, and his work is stunning. I'd suggest having a look at his facebook page if you live local enough and are looking for some work to be done. He works on everything from American muscle to 4x4's. Its also a bonus that hes's not VAT registered so you don't get hit by that on the bill too. He charged me £270 to re-work the stainless steel pipe which had been sitting well too low at the back of the car (It had scraped a few times at stock height :lol: ), weld in a new flexi and put some beefier hangers on to support the whole system. I couldn't be more chuffed with the twin tip backbox. Really goes in with the look of trying to keep the car clean and simple.

Tein Springs - If only my budget could have extended to something like Meister-R's which I had on my previous car, but the teins do the job quite well. Ride is not too harsh and it just gives the car a little more aggressive look. As I park in a multistory car park for work and have to park on the top floor, slamming the car really wasn't an option. To be quite honest I love it at its current height.

Detailing - I used Meguiars clay kit and ultimate compound to tidy up my 15 year old paint work. The clay worked wonders with making the paint work nice and smooth. Its crazy how much contaminents are there that you can't see until you use the clay. The ultimate compound did the best job it could. I didn't expect for showroom paint work but it reduced the look of a lot of the swirlmarks. It definately puts the paintwork on cars which are only 5/10 years old to shame!

Anyway, after a long week of grafting and a lot of help by my more than willing girlfriend we took her up to Ashridge for a Mini photoshoot. I don't really have a clue where to start with camera's so her photography skills definately worked wonders! Anyway heres a couple of cheeky snaps to give you an idea of how the car looks now complete with Domo appearances :lol:

prahunt
My Generation: 4G

Post by prahunt » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:16 pm

8-)
Looks good. The black with the anthracite works really well.
It is 5th gens like this that make me want a 5th gen. Haha
'We need some meat for the lions'

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Love the photos, especially this one. 8-) 8-) 8-)

+Rep.

G-lude

Post by G-lude » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks guys :) that pic will make it to my pc's desktop background :D

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:48 am

:lol:
Love the Domo placement 8-)

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:22 am

Fantastic pics. The car looks great!!
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

gb-lude

Post by gb-lude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:34 am

very nice!! paint looks great!
what happened to the centercaps?
Time Attack build crazy moneypit 556hp turbo Lude
http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... t3381.html

G-lude

Post by G-lude » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 am

gb-lude wrote:very nice!! paint looks great!
what happened to the centercaps?
I bought the wheels from someone who had them on his MR2 so he had not bothered to keep them :( I need to hunt for some, but then it's getting them to match the wheel colour ideally. One of those small little niggles I hope to get sorted soon :lol:

The paintwork feels unbelievably smooth after using the Megiuars! Would recommend it to anyone looking to just spruce up there old paintwork :)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:48 am

:think: are they not the same standard centre cap that's fitted to oem lude wheels?

Return to “Lude Profiles”