Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

My Blue 5G H22A8 :)

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
RebekahClydesdale
My Generation: 5G

Re: My Blue 5G H22A8 :)

Post by RebekahClydesdale » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:01 pm

Sooo we've had a bit of an accident and she's in a bit of a mess. I was driving along minding my own business when BANG, my lower ball joint snapped and the driveshaft popped out. Sending me sideways into a railing causing a fair bit if damage.
Everything that got ducked up as follows; driveshaft, lower ball joint, snapped and bent wishbone, burst tyre, smashed up sill at one side, both front wings damages badly, one wheel scored to buggery round the inside, burst break pipes, smashed up side skirt, brand new spring popped out damaging all the paint and wrecked track rod ends.
3 1/2 hours to get it into the recovery truck, fair to say my chipper was freezing by the time I got home.
HATE
Last edited by RebekahClydesdale on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Aww that is properly crap :( Had a ball joint fail on me but happily was only doing around 20mph at the time. That sounds brutal.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

RebekahClydesdale

Post by RebekahClydesdale » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Yeh I was only doing around 30 but the damage is unreal. :( After spending all that time and money getting it looking nice and now it looks like a raft!
Just glad it didn't happen on the dualer or I reckon I would have been toast!

toadster

Post by toadster » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:44 pm

LO Rebekah

So sorry to hear this :cry:
Glad to hear you are OK though , that must have been scary :shock:
You don't seem to get much luck with your LUDE'S :(
All the best and i hope you get things sorted out OK.

Cheers

Toadster

RebekahClydesdale

Post by RebekahClydesdale » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Haha yeh I don't think preludes like me much. Always have so much problems with them.
Never mind at least I'm alright and I got the car cheap too so it doesn't hurt as much spending a bit getting her fixed.
That's pretty much everything replaced on the front suspension now though. Prob best get the back done too.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:56 pm

That's a bit jobby, sorry to hear that.

Can't say it's a problem I've heard of much, but Danzley was saying at JAE that he had a bottom ball joint pop out on his accord after he lowered it.

RebekahClydesdale

Post by RebekahClydesdale » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:31 pm

wurlycorner wrote:That's a bit jobby, sorry to hear that.

Can't say it's a problem I've heard of much, but Danzley was saying at JAE that he had a bottom ball joint pop out on his accord after he lowered it.
Yeh iv not came across anyone else who knows of anyone it's happened to either. Fair to say I sh1t myself when it happened like :lol: what a noise! Not one rhubarb who was behind me when it happened even bothered their ars3 to stop and see if I was alright either, was greeting my eyes out :oops:

ek9sid
Supporter 2015

Post by ek9sid » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:39 pm

When I was in Scotland (the joys of work) a friend of mine who had a 1.4 civic (ej9) had a ball joint snap. Sent him across the road and up a crash barrier (the bit where it slopes into the ground). This left him teetering on top of the barrier with a 10-15 ft drop on he other side. Fortunately the body bent where it hit the barrier so it just sat there. That's the only case I've know of of this happening. Apart from someone who had an ek9 with some aftermarket performance suspension bits. Potholes eventually took their toll on them.

At least you're ok though. Metal can always be repaired/replaced
Last edited by ek9sid on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Awww. Sorry to hear that Rebekah, at least you are ok and like you said you got the Prelude for cheap so it's ok.

GJMHONDA2012
LotM Winner

Post by GJMHONDA2012 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 pm

I seen ur prelude in Aberdeen on Saturday looks nice

Return to “Lude Profiles”