Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lankysod's 5th Gen 2.2vtec Manual

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Lankysod07
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Tumber07

Lankysod's 5th Gen 2.2vtec Manual

Post by Lankysod07 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Ok so here goes, decided to put this thread to track the progress of my 5th Gen Prelude 2.2v.

After the bottom end blew on my H22A8 last September, I have been looking around for a black h22 manual.

Found an old boy that had saved this beauty back in January where it was found in a barn.

Apparently the previous owner had it for some years, however the auto box gave up and wouldn't go into second gear. It then sat in his barn for 2-3 years.

The guy I bought it off decided to take it on and found a donor manual gearbox and converted it from an auto to a stunning manual! :)

When he converted the manual box in, all timing/water pumps were done and new clutch installed. He said instead of buying a Honda clutch, he put in a accord plate instead as Honda said it was the same but much cheaper?? (I think this is because it comes all as one kit for the prelude, whereas the accord kit can be bought in 2 pieces?)

One downfall/ish I noticed the Cruise control doesn't work anymore, probs following the gearbox change, but the 4WS is tip top, slight squeeking coming from the rear end steering mech but is working with no issues.

The guy put it up on the ramp before I bought it, (should of toke pics to fully appreciate it) its the cleanest lude ive ever seen underneath, only bit of rust was found on the steering mech for the 4WS. No rust in any of the common places and no signs of anything coming through in the future! SUPER STOAKED!

Anyways...all major service needs were all sorted. Super low mileage weighing in at just under 90k.

He was asking for £1000 all in, with a couple of parts before pickup being done. New front disc's and pads as they were warped. New driveshaft seals as they were dripping a very minor amount of oil and fresh MOT. (Which was very handy as the car came with a brand new Powerflow exhaust system right up to the manifold with a straight through decat pipe). Sounds stunning on VTEC and nice size losing no top end.

So there we have it the start of my build, and a very happy chappy I am indeed!

*EDIT - Almost forgot, wee little piccy once I got her home sitting proud 8-)

Last edited by Lankysod07 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 pm

8-) Awesome. 8-)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Sounds/looks like an excellent buy 8-)

Lankysod07

Re: Lankysod's 5th Gen 2.2vtec Manual

Post by Lankysod07 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Cheers guys, next update here. I am back dating slightly as I've been trying to find time to actually write this all up.

A couple of little mods done to the car and a couple more pics, I know you all love them :D

(Sorry, I ment to take pics with her all polished up but the weather here has been bum droppings every time I planned to do it)

Cheeky decal applied on the rear window and red JDM tow hook installed, not sure on it just yet as I have the Motegi body kit to paint and fit yet. See how it looks once I've got that on.

I really like the mudflaps without the Motegi kit, but I think there gonna have to go and make way for the kit me thinks....

See it better here, your thoughts?

Clean interior with original Prelude mats in sweet condition. Fitted a nice double din stereo, not gonna change the speaker setup and its sick, and loud enough for me :)

Finally the engine bay, which in my opinion is nice and dry which is most important but not looking amazing.

Been looking around for some good parts, found and on there way. See the next update :P

Lankysod07

Post by Lankysod07 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Come across a guy breaking an SIR in Welwyn Garden City and actually went there to pick up and one piece strut brace and ended up coming home with this lot.... :lol:

There was no time like the present so guess what I started stripping the car out to make way for the new SIR red half leather seats..

Its one thing about these cars that I cant get enough of and that's how well they are made and how easy in comparison to many other makes of cars they are to work on. A pleasure!

Centre console, glove box are now in and fitted, looks good however, as the guy didn't have the red carpet or roof lining I am missing the two little pieces of carpet that fit just under the stereo unit :x don't suppose anyone has these spare lol? Long shot I know, not even that someone that's willing to sell me just them haha...

Visors installed...

Immaculate rear seats in, they looks brand new, insane for the age of them..

Started to get dark by the time I got to the front seats and door cards, so heres the final sit back and look at what you've achieved photo......Creaming over the door cards with original clear courtesy lights.

I need to get some leather restorer and put it over the front seats as they have wear but no tears so all can be improved still.

Even better still, I managed to convince the Mrs to allow me to destroy her Moroccan theme and put my old lude seats onto a gig my brother made for the rails and now they are outside on the terrace as nice sun loungers haha! SWEET!

MaccaIRL
XBOX GamerTag: MaccaIRL

Post by MaccaIRL » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Looks well buddy
I've the same set up air filter and power flow exhaust on mine and sounds amazing :)

Love the white alloys on black!
Lude-behaviour!

Lankysod07

Post by Lankysod07 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Chees dude, I'll be honest I'm still not sure about the white and black combo....when its propa clean they look quality!

I'm on the look for maybe some Rota's or something a little different, possibly black wheels? If any one has anything that is 75/100 Miles from Watford let me know....?

I'm going with the red engine bay colour scheme of things, I've been out and sourced a red rocker cover which has been refurbed already but need to source a gasket for it, again anyone put in touch of one, or have one going at all?

So yeah, im gonna change the filter to red and get some red hoses, and cable covers etc.

A couple of engine mods in the next update :)

Lankysod07

Post by Lankysod07 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Okay, last update today I promise....This brings me up to date following the work done today.

The radiator brackets wernt looking too great and quite rusty beforehand, removed them aswell as the mani cover and refurbished.

Manifold Cover....(Quite happy with how it come out actually)

One piece strut bar I mentioned earlier, nicely refurbished and fitted....also found these VTEC stickers in my draw that I got last year and slapped it on, again happy with the results.....tiny alterations and she already looking better!

This is it for the engine for now, as I have me body kit and Replica Mugen spoiler to paint and install.....

The entire bodykit and rep mugen spoiler is annoyingly in really good condition in silver.....bahhh haha, I did a lot of painting today!

Rubbed down and Primed and ready for Nighthawk Black!! Haha love the name of this colour!

Masked the gel corners, stood up to the job well I hope...

I got the first coat of black on tonight, but time toke over and got too dark, finish tomorrow me thinks and then start rubbing down the front and rear lips!

Purchased some of the little round fog lights today with the covers, wiring harness and switch, gonna yellow wrap the fogs for the classic JDM look and get them installed, cant wait been waiting for these since last year haha! (Ill upload some pics later).

That's it for now, see how we get on tomorrow :shock:

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:01 pm

gonna be a really good looking lude 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Fast work, well done.

Personally I don't like the red visors against the grey roof and it's a shame the rear quarter panel inserts aren't red, but that's me.

re: the missing carpet panels under the stereo - might it be possible to bleach and then re-die the existing ones red?

Return to “Lude Profiles”