Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

aiming for 300+, JRSC, ongoing Story... ~

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
woOtSalami
My Generation: 5G

TPS and Injector calibrating + port matching the S-tube

Post by woOtSalami » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:11 pm

I was quite busy the last weeks and did a lot of stuff on the car. Yesterday I did the calibrating on the TPS, not that difficult :D
The port matching of the S-tube was the opposite. it took some hours to make it that perfect. Now the TB and the S-tube are 100% aligned and ready for fitment.
The last thing was to test what the Evo Injectors are capable of, also to see in what shape they are. I changed the seals, replaced the filters against high flow for more capacity and calibrated the injectors that I can use them without any problems. I also tested the AEM fuel rail.

The biggest pain with these injectors are the lower sealings to the IM. I am not sure how good they will seal :?:
anyone had the same problems with aftermarket Injectors?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Some superb work there 8-)
Who did the injector testing?

And that new TB looks MASSIVE in comparison to the old!

woOtSalami

Re: H22a, JRSC, ongoing Story... ~

Post by woOtSalami » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:32 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Some superb work there 8-)
Who did the injector testing?

And that new TB looks MASSIVE in comparison to the old!
thanks mate!
the TB looks really massive. the quality is stunning. outer diameter to air intake is ~72mm and the old one was 63mm.
Excited what the dyno will tell me :?

Injector testing was done by a mate of me they have a new flow bench and making some comparison at the moment so I got the chance for that

woOtSalami

Parts, parts, parts

Post by woOtSalami » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Today I got some of my special things and parts for the upcoming season.

- The new rear upper strut brace from @cebul (best packaging ever :mrgreen: and top seller)
- 2 new short belts and 2 long belts for the charger. Im trying to stick with the gatorbacks and see what happens
- New bearings for the jackshaft. On the right side you see the original ones. One the left side a better choice! because i thought it may be better when its metal shielded and out of ceramic to spin more easily. also they are capable of 18k rpm instead of the original 17k :)

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Try 2 3pk510 belts. That's what I run and I have never slipped. However we well see at 12psi.

woOtSalami

Re: aiming for 300+, JRSC, ongoing Story... ~

Post by woOtSalami » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:53 pm

@RattyMcClelland the 3PK510 belts are arriving next week ;)
seems also legit for me but what bothers me is that you could probably have different stretch. Not sure if it's good or bad...

woOtSalami

Supercharged but not yet running...

Post by woOtSalami » Tue May 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Ok so here is a short summary of WHY I am doing this whole thing after the Supercharger was already fitted...

- The Car was running but not stable, longest durating before the belt broke was 300miles
- The whole time I was curious about the conversion from the workshop if it is good quality. As it turned out I was right and the conversion was wide off the mark
- Supercharger was not leakproof on the between mounting plate and SC
- The Injector Sealings were leaking and porous not to mention they were not fitting like it should
- 1 Injector was leaking from the inside
- The clearance of the Jackshaft was worse and the pulley was wobbeling

Thats why I decided to rip the Intake part of the motor apart and modify or rebuild all the parts that I will achieve a stable, working and good running car.
Also I am expecting through the mods im doing beside that I will achieve an additional 20-30hp.

woOtSalami

Jackshaft rebuild

Post by woOtSalami » Tue May 17, 2016 9:06 pm

In the last months when I had some time I took care of the Jackshaft. On the pictures you can see the mess and what solution I used for this

ImageImageImageImage

This was the reason why the belt was always breaking and also not holding the pressure. Luckily I have a really good friend with some brilliant tools and ideas who helped me with the complete rebuild of the parts :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

In the end I have achieved an axial play of 0.09mm for the bearing and 0,02mm radial play for the shaft. Also the Screws are not rubbing against the belt anymore :twisted:
Last edited by woOtSalami on Tue May 24, 2016 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

woOtSalami

Taking care of the Intake Manifold

Post by woOtSalami » Tue May 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Here is a heavy one... I was struggling with myself if I should do it or not. We had several talks with my trusted tuner, my mates about modifying th IM... Basically the first Idea was to go the route with the LHT IM with laminova cores but I wanted to test something else. To match the bigger TB and the ported S-Tube I decided after 2 months to take out the stuff in the IM :D

Like you know consists the IM for the SC of two pieces, the lower stock IM and the SC bracket with the blow off. These two parts have 8 holes and in my opinion the triangle of the SC is suboptimal when you want uniform flow to all four cylinders.

So my plan was to make one big hole. Theoretically this should bring several good things with it:
- Higher Flow
- Lower Temperature
- More Power @ less pressure
- Faster throttle response

So on the last Saturday we started on the milling machine to ream the inner parts out na dalso to mill the sealing surfaces.
Fixing the IM to the table was a real pita :puke:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

This is not the finished result yet. Only the raw result. In some days I will make the finishing/polishing with a multifunction rotary tool. The IM is at the welder at the moment to fix a hole we accidently made :roll:

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Tue May 17, 2016 10:47 pm

great work keeping an eye on this 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Return to “Lude Profiles”