Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Jack's 1995 UKDM BB1 VTEC - Custom interior work Feb 2016

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Nice work.
A but larey for me, but good to see someone doing their own thing and getting passionate about the car.

I had the same idea as the others about using led star fabric. That would be mega 8-) (or possibly also turn out mega tacky :lol: only one way to fund out though! :D )

Jack

Re: Jack's 1995 UKDM BB1 VTEC - Custom interior work Feb 201

Post by Jack » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:37 am

prahunt wrote:That's some impressive work in the interior retrieving those panels. I personally do not like the space theme, but I praise you on doing it as each to their own.
Be good to see it all done and fitted back in.

How long did it take to do a panel?
And do you have any plans for the dashboard etc?
It was always gonna be a bit Marmite but I love it, couldn't be happier with it! See below for finished pics.

It took bloody ages :o The whole job (including the bit in the next update) was around 8-9 hours spread over 2 nights, so not actually too bad. This was last weekend so I'd just come off a week of nights, so was out in the garage until the early hours with beer and my ipod dock, so it flew by tbh!

No plans for the dash or the rest of the interior really, I think Honda nailed it with these things! May do the door cards and rear quarter fabric panels but that can wait for now. I do need to get the rev counter working though.
NafemanNathan wrote:Love the choice of material. Do you often Park up and recline the seat? ;)
Well, it hasn't got the sex blocker in the back ;)
mercutio wrote:will certainly be different :lol: like to see it all installed though i bet you were thinking of putting led's in where the stars are in the fabric and attaching them to the interior light :lol:
Literally EVERYONE who's seen it has said that haha! It crossed my mind briefly but I think it'd be too big of a job for me, I'd rather just not do it than do it badly and I think it'd turn out badly if I tried it! It was hard enough lining up the image for the sunroof panel in the next post, let alone getting hundreds of LEDs in the right places!

Jack

Post by Jack » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:24 am

Last weekend:

Off to a crap start. Went to drive to my yard where the Prelude is, and the seatbelt of my stupid Toyota had wedged the door open enough to put the interior light on and drain the battery...for the second time that weekend.

Bye bye VTi! Finally got rid of the BB8. It was taking up the space I needed to put the BB1 in (I wanted it in front of the cabin so I could hear my music while working :D and wanted the donor ATR alongside just so stuff was easier to see how it would come together)

Hooked up a battery to it just to see the dash go through it's startup sequence, so satisfying! Also nice to still have a fully working EL dash after it being sat getting damp for 6 months.

Tried my mate's set of Rays/Volk TE37s on it, just because they were there and 4x114 fitment! Looks ace, but I think they'd need to be at least 16" to suit the Lude. They're 15" and suit his DC2 perfectly.

Absolutely love it from this angle:

The last breath of the ATR. Yes that's my new engine, on 173,946 miles :?

By the time I'd got the Toyota running, borrowed my mate's jack, scrapped the BB8 and got the BB1 and ATR into position and supported in the air it was getting dark.

So stripped a few bits off the ATR and went home. Where I finished the interior work!

Turned out absolutely brilliant. Couldn't be happier. Can't wait to fit it, although I'm holding off until the car is road ready as I don't want it to get damp and or mouldy! Took a bit of thinking to get the sunroof panel to match up to the surrounding headliner but we did it.

The plastic bits of trim turned out ace and look great fitted, time will tell though as I don't know how long it'll be before they start flaking. Could be 5 minutes, could be 5 years!

And the bit that'll be distracting me from driving :lol:

It's all sat in my room now, kinda don't wanna fit it to the car as I just keep looking at it!

This weekend:

Bored night shift purchase number one turned up!

Hooked it up to my compressor this afternoon and actually hurt my ears. (Garage compressor, not the tiny one in the pic that will be fitted to the Lude!)

Bored night shift ebay purchase number two!

Found some nasties. I always knew the arches would need doing but they're really looking pretty sorry for themselves at the minute! Something to do over summer I suppose.

I get the feeling that this is gonna be really quite nasty once I start digging....

Never have I had a car where it's such a ballache to get the headlights and bumper off! Broke one of the headlights where the side marker light locates. Had to break out the Dremel and got through a fair few discs on rusted clips and bolts. I think when it goes back together it'll mainly be held together with cable ties...

Thinking I might wire brush and hammerite this lot today. Not a great deal of rust so I'll try and keep it that way. Power steering cooler won't come off even with Irwin bolt grip sockets (smallest is too small and next size up is too big). Are new ones of these available as a direct fit? Preferably as the mini radiator type like an oil cooler as these look nice and tidy.

Created a mutant :o

As it stands now. Plans for tomorrow, (possibly) hammerite and tidy up the front panel. Get one of the engines removed.

The two side engine mounts don't seem to want to crack, even with a Snap On impact gun. I've never seen it fail to undo a bolt before. Front mount bolt came out no problem.

Shopping list now includes:

A/C radiator. Can be had for £30 off ebay as a brand new pattern part, is this worth a shout?
Pre face front nostrils - mine are both broken on the back.
I'm sure there's something else but it's 4:23am and I've had plenty of cider.

The engine rad on the ATR looks fairly new so that's a winner!

JEBB4
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G

Post by JEBB4 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 am

Hey Jack, good to see you giving this car another lease on life, I very nearly bought that very car of James for £700 ages ago, must have been around the time you bought it :lol:

Loving the work you put into the custom interior
Also is that Toyota of yours a Trueno sprinter or something?
Looks like a S15 from the back, nice!

EDIT: I found it's a Toyota Levin 8-)
Jamie P 2013 wrote:i like tits :D
My BB6 build
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54187

My BB2 build (yang)(WRITTEN OFF AND SOLD)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18866

My BB4 build (yin) (SOLD TO DRAX)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12087&hilit=JEBB4+ ... ty#p203321

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:02 am

Great work :lol: love the spanners 8-) :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:37 am

Love the mutant! 8-) :lol:

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Toyotas an AE111? BZ-R?

Loving the space interior btw! 8-)

Jack

Post by Jack » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:44 pm

JEBB4 wrote:Hey Jack, good to see you giving this car another lease on life, I very nearly bought that very car of James for £700 ages ago, must have been around the time you bought it :lol:

Loving the work you put into the custom interior
Also is that Toyota of yours a Trueno sprinter or something?
Looks like a S15 from the back, nice!

EDIT: I found it's a Toyota Levin 8-)
I originally saw him saying he wanted £700 for it on facebook, for some reason he sold it to me for £400 a week or so later :shock: He said at the time someone with a JDM BB4 wanted it as a donor car for theirs, I guess that'd be you?! Glad I got it as I don't think it'd still be alive otherwise :P

The Toyota is an AE111 Corolla Levin BZ-G. Unfortunately doesn't have the 6 speed LSD box or Super Strut suspension system. Does however have the 20v Blacktop 4AGE motor which is on throttle bodies from factory! It's a nice bit of kit tbh, but I'm thinking of selling it when I get the Lude on the road. It's a great car and I'll be sad to see it go, but it's £2.5-3k that I could spend on my ATR, a bike, or put in the savings pot towards an R32 GTR....

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:02 am

Looking good so far. If your needing 5th gen abs sensors I have a complete set.

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Jack wrote:towards an R32 GTR....
Better get saving then as those pesky americans have just put atleast a £5k extra minimum on the price tags

Return to “Lude Profiles”