Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Greg-SiR's 1992 Jdm Sebring Silver Si Vtec..Sold

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by vanzep » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:29 pm

lip kit looks great - you will have to preserve the Honda Verno Yamato sticker on the back lip ;) :)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-SiR's 1992 Jdm Sebring Silver Si Vtec

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:12 pm

Not much happening just driving it as a daily and all is going well so far,very smooth gearbox and clutch just has such a different bite to the Bb4,like it's lazy :lol: but still nice.

Vtec is awesome and seems flawless and i am enjoying running stock exhaust for a change,the intake is giving just a nice deep tone as revs gather and the changeover is addictive.
Brakes are still be bedded in,i had the missus eat me out of it the other day she had it for work and bad enough with the clutch bite been so late and she was hill starting plus the park brake was a bit light too due to bedding in and you have to go back a bit further than the later 4th gens i was not popular haha,all good now.

The 'keys in' reminder goes off as soon as drivers door is opened getting in and out of the car without keys in ignition,previous owner had put some cardboard on the latch of the door frame so the car would think the door was always closed,not so bad but these have the lower lights on the doors too and i spent ages when i got the car trying to fix the light on the drivers door :lol: if only i'd seen the paper sticking there,just got to find were that noise comes from and disconnect it,always annoyed me on the ludes that dit dit dit,dit dit dit :evil:

Been suspecting the Cv joint for the drivers side knocking but have since been pointing to the suspension been knackered,the car is very light in feel overall and doesn't encourage freaking insane driving on anything other than straight roads,i took a back road to work the other morn and hit a dip and heard some rubbing and sure enough in the wheel arch from previous times too some friction burns on the wheel arch lining,not a biggy and should be an easy swap out,i'll just stay on the motorways for time been :lol:

Anyways some pics from today,just took the polish buffer out to get rid of some marks on the sides that have buggered me and the roof and bonnet were looking for some affection too,got some good results with some bad old polish mits!

95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-SiR's 1992 Jdm Sebring Silver Si Vtec

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Kit arrived during the week in relatively good condition,front lip obviously would bare the worse and i knew the parts car had coilovers so was expecting some roughage and that lovely material called fiberglass plus buying secondhand but i am not trying to make car look new just want enough to get it that second glance :lol: !

Front lip i have destined for White Bb4 when i strengthen it up and get it painted it is good and sound just want all the hairlines cracks and chips gone and i can't even put it on this one as the shocks are that bad right now serious arch rubbing on cornering and medium braking but i have picked up a good set of replacements which i'll get in next week so it may shine in Silver for a while yet.

Tbh i think once the funds are there the lot will go on the White one,too nice not too.

Some pics after fitting rear bumper and sides today in 35 deg heat :!: ,small touches left for aligning and a good clean.

Replacement shocks and Bb4's manifold arrived same day

And off course bumper removal means tail light removal :evil:

95 Lighty Bb4

JEBB4
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G

Post by JEBB4 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:02 am

I'm so jealous of the front lip :mrgreen: :x :lol:
Jamie P 2013 wrote:i like tits :D
My BB6 build
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54187

My BB2 build (yang)(WRITTEN OFF AND SOLD)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18866

My BB4 build (yin) (SOLD TO DRAX)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12087&hilit=JEBB4+ ... ty#p203321

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:11 am

Don't need to remove the rear lights of you take the bumper off with the bumper bar attached.
Looking good with the kit on and all polished up 8-)

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-SiR's 1992 Jdm Sebring Silver Si Vtec Update!

Post by Greg-SiR » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:06 am

Top tip wurlycorner never thought of doing that,I had to straighten that bar up a bit it had a little sagging going on,mostly cured,I really like it from all angles,not too extreme.
95 Lighty Bb4

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-SiR's 1992 Jdm Sebring Silver Si Vtec Update 29/1

Post by Greg-SiR » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:14 pm

From Letterbox reg holder and 1 functioning clear foglight to jap front and yellow fogs and a front lip trial fitting 8-) ,all going well with this little beauty still using it as a daily and suffering with no aircon but they are short trips and i hope to get it sorted soon,but hey i'm an Irish chef in an aussie kitchen so i am well used to sweating in the worse ways :lol:

Also new bumper brought clear indicators on the front but still not sure on them,they look clean but i like the older look of the ambers too.

Vss is acting up more and more but have a spare and i found some plasma gauges that need work and thought i'd scored with the oem clocks behind looking new until i seen the differences in the increments....

Stalemate again.

No rush though everything still works most of the time.

And a steering wheel that needs tidying and some not so bad faired chrome nostrils yet to decide on to keep them.

I must do myself a favour and get some pics outside the house,they are always in the garage when i take them,new backgrounds to come :lol:
95 Lighty Bb4

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Swapped out the rear dampers today finally

Picked up the Fujitsubo catback off the same car the lipkit came from,patience prevailed and i got a bargain albeit decapitated from being a halfcut,i really like the exhaust tip on these

A little scrubbing and Autosol

Still need a a tachometer/speedo unit if anyone one has one about in kms (i know you's have to convert em but!maybe 8-) ) i'm looking to swap the chrome nostrils which are in really good condition,postage to Ireland too as i am heading home for a stint,just putting it out there.

My units are fugged i can't get the needles sitting proper on either and have given up.

Also swapped out Vss units and happy to be back in Vtec

Looked a bit different but fitment was fine,just the bracket had me questioning at the start
95 Lighty Bb4

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Good stuff happening here...

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:15 pm

And now Sold :cry:

Good car gone to a new enthusiast so she'll live on for many years to come yielding heaps more fun!

95 Lighty Bb4

Return to “Lude Profiles”