Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

EFJ's 4th Gen 'Rags to Riches'

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
EFJ
My Generation: 4G

Re: EFJ's 4th Gen 'Rags to Riches'

Post by EFJ » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Some updates pics regarding my boot sound install. Still boring but need to get through it to start with the good parts. This all started as the boot base card was done. So thought bugger it, I have been stalling long enough with this idea now to do it.

Left side of the boot.

Left side with the location of where I want the battery.

Right side of the boot.

Full pic of the boot.
Last edited by EFJ on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1994 Red 4th Gen
JDM F22B DOHC motor (awaiting a add on turbo)
Pretty much dead standard

EFJ

Post by EFJ » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Here is a description of what I want to do sound wise. First off my sound install in the boot should leave enough space so that I can fit a decent size spare wheel in it with out any problems. It will reduce the overall space in the boot but what the heck even with out a spare it is not that big anyway (space enough for a tog bag should suffice). I am looking at going full Pioneer from front to back from splits, 10inch limpids to 10inch subs to pioneer slim range amps. Going to remove the carpet and recover everything in vinyl. Also add some decal and lights. Now for my question, as I am running two 10inch limpids in the rear parcel shelf how many subs do you guys recon I should go with, 1 or 2?
1994 Red 4th Gen

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:27 pm

My honest opinion.

Ditch the rear Limpids (i had to google what they were. I thought they were seaside rock clinging creatures). Rear speakers are really unnecessary, get the best front speakers you can afford and amp them up.
1 sub will be fine however it will depend on crossover point, available rms power, enclosure size and sub specs. I choose a sub to work in free air/infinite baffle to give maximum boot space if i ever needed.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Welcome and well done for posting up.
Looks nice and rust free! :D

EFJ

Post by EFJ » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks wurlycorner. No rust, I think it is mostly due to our dryer climate I suppose.

I agree Ratty, free air sub is the way to go, much more forgiving. As for the limpids I wont be running them on full range just more for the all round sound experience. A good set of splits up front is a must for any good sound setup. I have been planning this for some time just not sure if I should do 1 sub or 2 but I suppose 1 is fine. I have been using one for a while in a bass tube and it sounded awesome.
1994 Red 4th Gen

EFJ

Post by EFJ » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi guys. Haven't posted in a while. Things have been crazy at work.

First things first, how do I post pics now that jobby bucket has gone private?

Ok, now for my update. I halted my boot install as I have changed the design. Ordered myself Kicker subs, amp and splits. So that will be going into the car. Still doing a boot install but with some changes. Also bought a bulk pack sound insulation, so stripping the whole cab.
And as my luck has it mice decided my lude will become there home. Left some poison for them and instead of them dying in the car they pegged in the vent pipes. So dash has to come out as well.

Now here comes the fun stuff. I have a friend who has a 5th gen which he is stripping for racing. So I bought the glass sunroof and his full climate control setup, from fans, sensors, wiring climate control box etc.

Question 1: What else will I need for the climate control unit to work properly?

Question 2: What else do you guys think I should buy to install in my 4th gen?

Some feedback please.
Cheers :rock:
1994 Red 4th Gen

EFJ

Post by EFJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Just a reminder of how my lude stands :D

1994 Red 4th Gen

Return to “Lude Profiles”