Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Bludge's BB1 Deathtrap.

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Bludge
My Generation: 4G

Bludge's BB1 Deathtrap.

Post by Bludge » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:41 am

I figured i would try and do a profile, i realise its probably going to be the most boring and uneventful profile on the site for now, but hopefully things will get a bit more exciting in the future! :D

Here is a picture from when i first got it home:

And here is how she looks at the moment, not a drastic difference unfortunately, but looking a little better.
So far the only cosmetic work has been trying to get a little colour back into the severly faded paint.
Got a bonnet from Paul72 which looks a lot better then the pink one that was originally on it!
The picture doesnt quite do it justice, but i spent about 45 minutes doing the rear quarter panel with turtle wax color magic, and its made quite an improvement. there is hope to avoid a respray yet!
the fading you see on the door was all the way along, so you can see the difference between the door and rear panel.

First thing i had to do was replace the brake master cylinder as the brakes were losing pressure.
After that i started working on the broken 4ws system and everything started going wrong!
So far most of the work has been just to keep it on the road, replaced the battery and alternator, clutch master cylinder, regasketed the exhaust mani and downpipe as it has a nasty leak, replaced the rocker cover gasket and spark plug seals, and most recently replaced the clock spring and indicator stalks.

The exhaust had been properly bodged together both here and where it meets the downpipe, its holding ok for now but its something i will be tackling soon. (looks better now but dont have a pic to hand)

More to come soon!

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 am

Tanabe Limit AX exhaust manifold?? Nice..

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:05 am

With that bodykit Bludge, the profile will never be boring! :lol:

That's not a dig btw :? actually I think it's good that we've got 3 or 4 larey bodykitted ludes on here, since they have very much (more so than possibly any other car of its era for some reason???) been part of the Prelude's history...

I noticed the exhaust is definitely not standard either, but had no idea what it was. bb1boy fast becoming :ugeek:

bb1boy

Post by bb1boy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:11 am

I only spotted it because it's the same as mine :)

Bludge

Re: Bludge's BB1 Deathtrap.

Post by Bludge » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:21 am

In fairness i didnt know what it was! its just a shame its been bodged so badly to fit the downpipe.

And i know the bodykit, especially that front bumper is very much marmite, buts its really grown on me!
I wasnt sure on it at first and was thinking of taking it back to stock, but im gonna stick with it now. :D
The kit will look a bit better once the skirts have been remoulded and the bumper cleaned up a bit.
@Paul72 has been a legend in helping me with that sort of stuff!

bb1boy

Post by bb1boy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:23 am

Ah yeah, the Tanabe mani has it's own downpipe, not massivly different from OEM but definitely not compatible (not without major bodge-work anyway)

Bludge

Post by Bludge » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah, the bolts on the mani have been drilled out and the holes on the downpipe cut out, so you have like a u shape from the outer edge instead of a hole. so its held together with a nut and bolt and washers. im worried that with enough vibration the nuts might work their way out the side.

Got another stainless mani and a newish looking downpipe so might try and do a better bodge on them! cant afford a new mani and downpipe at the moment unfortunately.

bb1boy

Post by bb1boy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:30 am

That Tanabe mani is better than any eBay jobbie.. if you can use that one and make a downpipe fit I think that's your best bet. Alternatively, go to an exhaust fabricator, I bet they can make the downpipe fit securely.

Bludge

Post by Bludge » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Well its been ok since i redid the gaskets. i worry too much, it might be fine! lol.

Doggo
Court Jester
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:19 pm

This is good :)

(And anyway mine is the most boring profile on here. I've done nothing)

Return to “Lude Profiles”