Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

My 4th gen has wet itself!

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
Space1999
My Generation: 3G

My 4th gen has wet itself!

Post by Space1999 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi guys - when it rains I am getting a wet backseat, and it's not me - if you see what I mean?

Is there a known fault on the 4G that causes the back seat to get wet? Could it be the sunroof drain channels blocked - if so where are they? Any other thoughts?

cheers,

David

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Rear sunroof drains blocked or come detached from the back of the sunroof.

Take the headlining off and the rear quarter light upper trims and you'll see the hoses so you can see if they've become detached from the sunroof and if they're blocked.

If they're blocked and full, it'll be the bladders in the rear quarter panels (access through the boot). If they're not flowing but aren't full, it'll either be at the holes exiting the sunroof frame (unlikely but possible).

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Mon May 05, 2014 11:38 pm

I blame the rear washer jet. Water gets past it, fills the plastic headlining, and lands on the back seats.
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

TopPrelude

Post by TopPrelude » Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 pm

indigolemon wrote:I blame the rear washer jet. Water gets past it, fills the plastic headlining, and lands on the back seats.
i had this exact problem a few years back. I cleaned out the sunroof drain areas and blocked the rear washer from inside. problem solved.

Amazing how much water gets through :shock:

Return to “Interior”