Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

3 point harness mounting point

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:41 pm

nucleustylz wrote:ludeEither option is not ideal, but personally I would say the lower point, as Demonlude says in needs to be in line with the seat more so than height. In a bad accident where it pulls the seat to that side your head and window could become one.
Fair point and you guys have looked into harnesses much more than me. I'm just looking at it from basic principles, but with it running that far back, the angle sideways is pretty shallow so there won't be much force being transfered in that direction, so of the 2 choices (of course straight back to custom brace is best!) I thought that looked better?

It's difficult to tell from that photo, so I guess I could be wrong on that...

Demonlude

Post by Demonlude » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:48 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Fair point, but with it running that far back, the angle sideways is pretty shallow so there won't be much force being transfered in that direction?

It's difficult to tell from that photo, so I guess I could be wrong on that...
I don't know much about the laws of physics etc, however, I do know that harness shoulder straps are designed to run parallel, and within a certain gradient percentage. For this reason, any variation would either weaken the efficiency of the harnesses, and/or potentially cause injury from being incorrectly fitted. The sideways angle we're talking about doesn't look much, but it's enough for the harness to be pulled in the wrong direction, with the load not being equal - therefore the harness will not do the job it was designed for, and potentially result in injury to the driver/passenger.

Safety first people :)

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Hey Demonlude. :Hello:

I somehow recognise the username, but with 7 posts you appear to be quite new. However you say you have a fully caged lude with harness - got any pics? :D

Demonlude

Post by Demonlude » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 am

nucleustylzlude wrote:Hey Demonlude. :Hello:

I somehow recognise the username, but with 7 posts you appear to be quite new. However you say you have a fully caged lude with harness - got any pics? :D
Hi mate. I used to have a fully caged lude track day lude, but unfortunately most of my old car is now in/on 4thgenphils prelude in some form or another....

Demonlude

Post by Demonlude » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:07 am

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:34 am

Ah! I recognise it now, must've been from PUK days. Was it a bolt in cage, is that the one Phil has then?

Demonlude

Post by Demonlude » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am

It's a custom built bolt in cage, but the cage is the one thing that Phil didn't get, as it was sold before.

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:30 am

formally know as devil?
:thumbdown:

Demonlude

Post by Demonlude » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:26 am

4thgenphil wrote:formally know as devil?
Yes. I forgot that used to be my username! I've always been Demonlude since the early days of Honda-R, but switched username when I joined PUK so that I could remain incognito ;)

Return to “Interior”