Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

(not so) top secret project xqz1 - LG car-B-cue

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Re: (not so) top secret project xqz1 - LG car-B-cue

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 am

Thanks Wiggz.

Yep, confused - from the trailer tank (running a flexi across the trailer coupling would be interesting :D )
I was talking to some guys at work last week and mec at the weekend about that exact conundrum/challenge - how to supply a gravity fed genny from a lower level fuel tank, reliably and safely :-) I was wondering some crazy idea about using the cars original electric fuel pump with a fuel rail type setup I.e. using a regulator to keep the top tank topped up at just the right pressure, with excess fuel returned back to the main tank as on the original car...

I've looked at the triple source fridges recently too :? My personal experience with them on (many!) boats and in static caravans though, is that they're generally jobby? :( they seem to have absolutely no guts at all (body lemonade poor minimum temp, take ages to cool down from start and can't handle being 'full' of stuff) unless they've miraculously got better in the last couple of years, or I've been consistently unlucky over a couple of decades???
I did notice there are some small chest type multi source ones out there now, which might be better? Any experience there?

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Re: (not so) top secret project xqz1 - LG car-B-cue

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:31 pm

In preparation for the front end going off to meet its maker, I had to set to with the angle grinder again at the weekend;
(so the VIN can live on in the back end ;) )

Hopefully it won't make life too difficult at the scrap metal dealers :lol:

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”