Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1989 CX DTR Turbo 2 Safari

Got a car that isn't a Lude? There's no condemnation here. Tell us about it!
bristol_bb4
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by bristol_bb4 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 pm

I bet you could naiL 3-4 girls in that at the same time

Doggo
Court Jester
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:12 pm

Merlin wrote:
Doggo wrote:If this thing doesn't have a name, might I suggest the Space Hulk
@Doggo Are you expecting to see tyranids or something?
Not when the seats are that comfortable :lol:

(I'm sorry). And, OK, not that kind of Space Hulk :lol:

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:32 pm

bristol_bb4 wrote:I bet you could naiL 3-4 girls in that at the same time
...and still have room to cut them up afterwards :twisted:
Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Re: 1989 CX DTR Turbo 2 Safari

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Well, jumped the Xantia and then connected up the new 800amp jump leads to the CX (Xantia has a bigger battery and alternator than the lude).

And...

:(

That's not working then. Ok, so time to connect up a second set of leads and second jump car :D

:D That turns over a bit better! :D

:? Ran lumpy as hell straight after startup and was making a terrible clattering noise, like the crank was trying to come up through the rocker cover :facepalm:
It isn't though, it's cause a couple of glow plugs are crap and I'm pretty sure one of the injectors isn't working right.

And... SCHMOKES! :lol:
:facepalm:

It did clean up as it warmed up though and idled much better.
Still had a bit of a mis-fire when revved up though.

Suspension pumped fully up.

Did someone say ground clearance? :D

All looks ok underneath actually and no suspension leaks while it was sat static - bit of a surprise that a rubber return hose hasn't split (they tend to go hard as they age).

The front floors have previously been done, so they look ok actually too, which is a relief.

Sorry for quality of the next pics, it was getting dark and I didn't have enough battery for flash.

Not sure how this would be viewed by an MOT tester;
That's the passenger side inner arch, behind the battery.

Aside from that the shell is pretty good. Rear roof above the tailgate had previously been repaired and is showing some signs, but this hasn't really got any worse while it's been stood.

This is a bit sad.
Top of the rear wing drivers side, blistered.

Aside from that, all the doors are rotten at the bottom (badly) but they wouldn't stop an MOT.

Only definite problem for an MOT (aside from emmisions atm lol) is the rear bumper mount;
Evidence

And some of the detail (badly lit by LED torch!)

Completely rotten all the way across the car. Non-structural, but does hold the rear bumper on so they'd definitely fail it on that.

So if I get anything done this year, it'll just be to swap the injectors back to the originals and see if that sorts the running and start looking round for a rear bumper bar repair section.

Aside from that, nothing much will happen and I'd better focus my efforts back on the Xantia.

Return to “Non-Lude Profiles”