Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Headlight wash system - advice wanted

As much of the Lude knowledge we have in one handy place
andypont
My Generation: 5G

Headlight wash system - advice wanted

Post by andypont » Sat May 24, 2014 2:06 pm

One of the long standing jobs on my 'to do' list is to add headlight wash nozzles on my 5th gen.
I'm sure I have seen a couple of guys on here that have carried out this mod, but I cant find anything on a search.
I don't know what nozzles / pump to use or how I would modify my wiring so the windscreen wash operates a headlight wash when the lights are turned on.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks in advance.
Andy Pont

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat May 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Ok, not 5th gen, but still...

@K30DPC Mario has done this (with oem setup and not having to retro-fit something off another car due to accident damage)

Also @batkosio has the oem setup?

andypont

Post by andypont » Sat May 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks.
Hopefully they will be able to give me some pointers but really want someone with a retrofit so I know how to graft it in as an extra.
4th gen ones would only wash my main beam and a nice section of bumper, grill & bonnet, so I need to look elsewhere. :lol:
Andy Pont

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Sat May 24, 2014 3:19 pm

Have a look in @cebul's profile thread. He has done this for the 5G ;)

K30DPC
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by K30DPC » Sat May 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I still have it all on my car. I used OEM parts (tank, nozzles, some spacers, pump, one way valve) aftermarket piping and civic wirings. Unluckily one nozzle was damaged and since then I can not buy another one. Wierd but around 6mts before the crash I get all parts from honda dealer. The only part they were unable to get was button so I get one from ebay. Now I'm trying to sort thing out. I bought pop up washers and installed them into bumper stay. But I need to reposition them as holes which I drilled in bumper are lower then nozzles and they stucking there. Nevermind I'll fix this one day. Without the bumper all works well.

Anyway...
I don't know the part numbers for 5gen. You will have to google this. Valves, pump (expensive), piping and bends can be taken from scraper. You need OEM tank, and nozzles. Well... I said need but there are projects where tank is cutted and pump glued into, but this is not my level of modding. I preffer OEM look so nozzles should be OEM, but it is down to you. I know people are using with succes some accord or S2k nozzles (at least still honda :D :D ). That's mechanical part.
To make it alive you need some wires. I get my wirings from civic. I went to junk yard, and after telling the guy what I'm looking for, I spend there quite a lot of time. I separated all needed wires. There is also small controll box. The main think it is doing is timing the pump to about 2sec from the moment when you press the button. And it isn't metter how quick you release it. It always working for 2sec. I did all wirings according to civic helms manual and voila.

cebul
Supporter 2015

Re: Odp: Headlight wash system - advice wanted

Post by cebul » Sat May 24, 2014 4:25 pm

I'used ATR ones on my 5th gen. Pump is from some Mercedes I think, as pymp was from my local scrap yard. Make sure the pump will be from headlighs washer system- now widscreen as it has low pressure.

Andy, have a look in my tread, I think page 1or 2 showing everytjing.
ludes are ment to be driven, not wanking around on a stand like a Civic.

andypont

Post by andypont » Sat May 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks guys.
Mario, I prefer oem if available, but don't think any 5th gens had washers? certainly couldn't find anything on google. Only 4g came up in that search.
Lucasz, I think it was your profile that first gave me the idea. Though couldn't remember who it was, and couldn't find anything today. :oops:
EDIT. I have had a look through your profile, but it appears many of the photos have been removed?
Andy Pont

cebul
Supporter 2015

Post by cebul » Sat May 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Yes it i look a like they expired on Imagshack. Give me your email, I will send you all photos what I have got from that mod ;)
ludes are ment to be driven, not wanking around on a stand like a Civic.

andypont

Post by andypont » Sat May 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Thanks, much appreciated.
I have sent a PM. :)
Andy Pont

Return to “Guides / How to's / Tech Section”