Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Luke's winter project.

Tell us about your old honda preludes that you used to own.
lxstuart
My Generation: 4G

Re: Luke's winter project.

Post by lxstuart » Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 pm

That might be a bit before my time :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 pm

And no.

And no.
Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Thu May 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Dbo wrote:have you done like in that advert ages ago :?: and hammered it into a pug 306 :lol: :lol:
wasnt a 306 it was the 206

[youtube]50A9wjJ40Dk[/youtube]
:thumbdown:

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Well after the accident, the Lude went and sat in the garage for about a year.
It then went and sat on the driveway for easily another year. The settlement eventually came through, and it sat there a bit longer.
After getting off the train one day to find another scratch in the CRX, I decided I needed a beater to leave in the station car park. I then realized that I already had one, it just needed fixing up a little. I thought I could probably fix it up for less than it would cost to buy a new car.
So I set to work. Some pictures for you.

First thing to do was to get off the panels that were beyond repair, and anything else that was in the way, so I could get a better feel for any underlying damage.

Front looked reasonably good, as did what I could see of the rear.
Next up, I made a start trying to get the rear quarter panel back into shape. I only got so far before realising I would need to remove the wheel so I could swing my hammer properly inside the arches. So after moving it down to the garage, whilst nobody was looking, I carried on where I left off.

That'll do nicely.
Image Not always SFW

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Fri May 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Can't wait to see what's going on with the door :lol:

Good work on saving it though 8-)

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Well as you may have guessed, some of the panels were a tad beyond repair. The door and front wing for certain, and I decided to replace the front and rear bumpers too, due to the corner screw holes being split. Found a nice chap just a few miles from me, who was breaking a Lude in his back garden.

First thing to go on was the door. Now as the replacement had come off of a UKDM car, I wasn't sure how much of the loom was the same, plus the central locking solenoid looked very much aftermarket, so I decided it might be best to transfer the entire contents of the old door into the new one. Thankfully the impact hadn't damaged anything, and other than being a complete pain in the ass, it was relatively straightforward. Next came the weatherproofing, mine had come away in bits, on both doors. Honda wanted stupid money for new ones, so I decided to make my own.

I bought thick rufuse sacks, cut down one side and opened them out, and used the jigsaw of the old one as a template, this was then stuck in place with Tigerseal. In hindsight, it would have been better to try to find some clear stuff, as it was a bit of a bugger trying to find holes for screws and clips.

Using a jack, a knee, and a pair of hands, I managed to get the door on. I'd marked up where the hinges were on the old door, which got me close. Just a couple of adjustments were needed to get it sitting (near enough) straight.

Closes the gap up nicely, you can hardly notice it...

8-)
Image Not always SFW

Donald
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 0G

Post by Donald » Sat May 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Good work IMO 8-)

Those shoes also look very comfy.

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Sat May 04, 2013 9:18 pm

They are, especially with thick thermal socks on. They're gortex too, so they keep most water out, though if its heavy rain/deep puddles they do let a bit in which is why I replaced them as my dailies.
Perfect for pottering around in the garage though.
Image Not always SFW

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 am

lxstuart wrote: Next came the weatherproofing, mine had come away in bits, on both doors. Honda wanted stupid money for new ones
They're no longer available either. I bought the last one from the Belgium stock, last year!

There's supposedly one left in stock in Europe, at a dealer in rural France and I've been trying to get hold of them (I WILL succeed eventually!)

Nice to hear this lude is making it back onto the road after a while :D

What's the story with it then, was this your original daily? What happened to it in the accident?

Oh and what's the after-market relay and wires for, inside the right front of the bumper?

(questions questions :lol:)

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Sun May 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Condensed story, still a bit of a read though

Relay and wires were for the nautilus horn, which never quite worked and I never got sorted for obvious reasons.
Its now sat in a corner of the garage, so probably never will be.
Image Not always SFW

Return to “Gone but not forgotten”