Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Blank

No, not in the key of C. An H is likely involved though ...
SPYDOR
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G

Post by SPYDOR » Mon May 12, 2014 3:33 pm

You can understand the guy's frustration as he's spent several thousand pounds on having these bolt-ons fitted and tuned, after shelling out for an engine that was probably supposed to be in good condition, only to find the power figures are pretty poor. I know I'd be pretty annoyed too.

He just needs to have some patience and realise there are plenty of knowledgeable and helpful guys on here that will no doubt help him get it all fixed but only if he shows them a little respect. Don't bite the hand that feeds you...
1999 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTI Motegi (H22A8/BB8) - 5G parts wanted
2005 Ducati 999S

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon May 12, 2014 3:36 pm

undercover, it isn't going to hurt to answer questions - whether they seem like stupid/pointless ones to you or not.

There's no such thing as a stupid question when you need help with something (and that works both ways). The only stupid question in problem solving is the one that doesn't get asked/answered.

:?
God, I sound all philosophical there - that wasn't meant to happen!

Anyway, point is if you want help, stick with the questions (and answering others) and you will get there in the end. No-one's trying to make out you're an idiot, so no need to bite back, that'll just alienate people that would otherwise help.

8-) and the gang...

ps posted same time as spydor, yes can understand the frustration, but don't bite the hand that feeds an' all that, especially when that isn't the hand that dealt the cards he's currently holding (yes, that was meant to sound like wanky philosphical speech that time :lol: )

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon May 12, 2014 3:41 pm

What's the code above the exhaust manifold on the head?
And a type s oil filter is located immeadiately below the intake manifold on the right side if the engine as opposed to the bottom section in normal ludes.

You access the type s filter from above the engine.

CrunchyAdams82

Post by CrunchyAdams82 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:49 pm

I would say the 70mm throttle body is definitely letting you down, along with the exhaust; as others have said.

68mm TB is the way to go, unless you are pushing serious bhp (250+). Otherwise 70mm will lose you power.

And yeah, larger exhaust will help get those gases out better.

I'd say the inlet is too big, and the outlet is too small..which is no doubt creating a significant imbalance. So smaller TB & larger 2.75" exhaust (with a map) should help bring things back into sync. ;)

Just my opinion, but start off with the TB & see what happens..
Last edited by CrunchyAdams82 on Mon May 12, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile Thread
Andy's Si VTEC BB4
K30DPC wrote:If you wanna go there is nothing to stop you. ONE LIFE LIVE IT

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Mon May 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Im only asking so dont take this the wrong way but are you from the states?

GreenyUK
Supporter 2014

Post by GreenyUK » Mon May 12, 2014 4:48 pm

:pop:
Donald wrote:I think the best bet is to probably all try to enter together.

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Post by newkid » Mon May 12, 2014 4:58 pm

GreenyUK wrote::pop:
Not like that, type-s is 217bhp based on high quality fuel, ours isn't as good, states is even worse than ours.

Reason I asked is this
Undercover h22 wrote:And if you people are think the h22a type is so high and mighty with 212+bhp your wrong they not all that figure mate got his dynoed and made 195bhp is his car a fake now? I wonder
Could be a mix of things like crap fuel to a bad tune.

@Merlins car is a prime example, its tuned for 99, if he put 95 in yes it will run but wont give the figures he has now.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm

pro series stage 1 cams only give 15-20hp over stock 18-22lb ft torque over stock the figures are based on a h22a not the type s engine or a h22a7 or 8
so if you have a type s engine which i hope you do the pro series stage one will be worth drokk all

if your serious about wanting help then lose the tude dude we all are trying to help you you wouldn't believe how many times we hear i have bought a built engine or i have paid for my engine to be tuned or i have bought these cams why isn't it making 300bhp.
we see adverts all the time with this lude has been tuned this cammed that why isn't my electric supercharger making 70bhp.
so we have to find a baseline to start from so we can give you an idea of what to expect from what mods there are and have been big builds on here so we do know what we are talking about.
but if you don't care let me know so i can read something more interesting
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

GreenyUK
Supporter 2014

Post by GreenyUK » Mon May 12, 2014 7:48 pm

newkid wrote:
GreenyUK wrote::pop:
Not like that, type-s is 217bhp based on high quality fuel, ours isn't as good, states is even worse than ours.

Reason I asked is this
Undercover h22 wrote:And if you people are think the h22a type is so high and mighty with 212+bhp your wrong they not all that figure mate got his dynoed and made 195bhp is his car a fake now? I wonder
Could be a mix of things like crap fuel to a bad tune.

@Merlins car is a prime example, its tuned for 99, if he put 95 in yes it will run but wont give the figures he has now.
Ah right I see how that looks lol sorry mate, didn't mean it to be aimed your comment just the whole thread in general :)
Donald wrote:I think the best bet is to probably all try to enter together.

Undercover h22

Post by Undercover h22 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi there yes my oil filter is located ontop of the half shaft under the knock sensor an the water pipe. The head says pde 00 so it's either type r or type s I don't know I am not aiming for 300bhp but needs to be atleast 220bhp if that and the car drives oryt but lags till vtec then picks up and drops of at 5400 and picks back up to redline so I don't know what the issue is I know this is a good engine it made 209bhp first without tune so not bad for a 14 year old motor runnin on a basemap. The thing I don't get is with these cams the car is ment to kick ass all through the rev range and it isn't doing anything close to that. If anyone can see somthing wrong from the dyno be my guest and assist and also the tb won't be slowing it down I think as these engines need more air I will be changing manifold and exhaust soon see what happens then plus I don't mean to affend everyone it's just some people just want to have digs I didn't want to start a h22 engine war thanks

Return to “Tuning”