Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

'97 SiR + '98 H22a5

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
Howzit37
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Howzit37

'97 SiR + '98 H22a5

Post by Howzit37 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Good evening everybody,

The time has come for me to clear out everything Prelude that I currently own.

I bought my second lude about a year ago with the intention of running it as a daily. It is an SiR model. It wasn't perfect and I was aware of some of the issues that needed addressing. I bought it off somebody here on the forum but got stuck in an awful lot of traffic on the way to view it. It was dark by the time I arrived which wasn't ideal but I had a look around and felt the car was described fairly enough.

Having said this, it did have an oil patch underneath it and when I checked under the bonnet, it was clear that the oil had been topped up far too much and not particularly well either. It had spilled quite a lot and made quite a big mess. The seller explained that he had topped it up but was unaware of how much to top it up which is why it had been over filled.

I did take it for a drive with a buddy of mine and couldn't find any apparent faults with it mechanically. It didn't seem to smoke at all but then again it was dark. There was a knocking coming from the rear which the seller said was the exhaust, after closer inspection it turned out that it was the rear drop links that needed replacing which was the first thing I did when I had a chance. Prior to this I had some of the oil drained so that the levels were correct.

Here are some photos I took after it's first clean and clay bar:

Overall I was pretty happy with how the paint came came up with a clean but it did have a fair few more scuffs and scratches than I was happy with but I am extremely critical with paint which is why I always try and avoid viewings in the dark. It is by no means perfect paint wise and has a few small rusty spots on the surface on the paint. The sort you get when stone chips aren't repaired.

Since then the following work has been carried out:

These total £1370.97

I also changed the standard suspension for some Tein coilovers which I had on my other Prelude which had been sorn'd. It was now sitting lower and also had the satin black EP3 wheels I had waiting to go on.

It wasn't long after this that I noticed the car would randomly kick out a puff of smoke. Sometimes when moving, sometimes when stationary in traffic. It doesn't always smoke but I'm pretty sure it's the stem seals that need replacing. This is not something I am capable of doing myself and have decided to sell up as I now have another daily which came up at a price I couldn't turn down.

Unfortunately it has been sat outside my work for a while and is in serious need of a clean :oops: I gave it a quick jet wash the other day which was a shameful attempt at cleaning it up for before taking some photos to post on here. I rather foolishly completely forgot to display my user name in any of the photos I took in preparation of the sale.

Here are the photos I took...

Jap Speed Manifold below:

Here are a couple of photos of the rather dirty Solid Fabs cat back system I have on it.

Apologies for the picture overload but better there are too many than too few.

The arches are pretty solid as a previous owner on here had them sorted a few years ago. There are however a few tiny little round bubbles coming up on the drivers side rear arch but in all honesty they have hardly grown in size since I bought the car a year ago. I would get these looked at soon as I can't see it being very costly at this point.

I've replaced some interior bits of trim from the donor dude that I have so a really good valet will get it looking tip top once more.

I have some service history prior to me purchasing the car and then the history that I have gained so far but it isn't extremely comprehensive in all honesty.

I did have to inflate the front passenger side tyre as it had gone down since I put the original wheels back on it a couple of weeks ago. It's a slow puncture of some sort but I' couldn't see what may have been causing it. My guess is a screw that I picked up in the work car park, it wouldn't be the first time.

So in a nut shell...the car is currently sorn'd, it does have a few months MOT left on it, the paintwork needs attention and I think the stem seals need replacing. I realise that I'm not selling it particularly well but it is what it is. If it wasn't for the occasional smoking then I would have said that the engine was mechanically sound. The gear box does have a little crunch in to 5th gear at higher revs. Also, I have noticed that the car brake warning light sometimes stays on after the brakes is pedal is pressed. It does usually go off after a short while.

So, now on to part two...

I have another 5th Gen H22a5 which is basically a donor car that has already donated a fair few bits to the SiR. It has a full Motegi kit on it which was originally destined to go on the SiR.

The rear arches are are in bits and I literally have nothing positive to say about them. This is how the car currently stands:

It has no brakes, interior bits of trim missing, rear off side shock is in the boot and it has a few rocks holding up that corner so I could move it around. The rad is in the boot as well but does have a leak as it came off the SiR. I swapped them over in order to get the air con working on the SiR.

It's just a sorry sight to see really. Very odd thinking that it was once a car that I washed at least once a week.

It still runs but sound like a tractor as the manifold no longer has an exhaust attached to it. The battery is dead so will need jumping. Prior to sorning it, there were absolutely no mechanical issues with the engine whatsoever. No surprise now really that all the warning lights are on. The 4WS doesn't work either.

I did have a fair amount of history with it but I sold it to a friend of mine and after I bought it back, the history had vanished.

In an ideal world I would love it if somebody wanted both as I'm not prepared to break it. I simply do not have the time to do it, nor do I have somewhere to do it. It is currently parked outside my work and I can't have it looking any more abandoned than it already does. In all honesty I need to shift it so that I can clear the space.

I also have the following items that need shifting as well:

The original exhaust system that came with the SiR when I bought it along with the original rear lip and skirts from the silver lude.

The cardboard box next to the bits of trim has a bumper support bar in it which I bought off somebody on here a few years ago. I've never actually opened the box so for all I know it could be something else entirely :?

Rocker Cover in need of a refurb.

Now my question is, what do you reckon this lot is worth. I am not planning on waiting for the "right" buyer but am willing to shift it all for a quick sale at reasonable prices. I'm sure there is a lot that I have missed out so if you need to know anything then please do let me know and I'll answer as best I can.

Almost forgot that I also have some clear fog lights that came with the SiR but are not fitted, I also don't have any photos of them, apologies but they will be included in the sale.

I would like £1000 for the lot. If I manage to get the full asking price then I will throw in this grill for £50.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Many thanks
Justin
Last edited by Howzit37 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howzit37
Supporter 2015

Post by Howzit37 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:28 am

Hi guys,

I haven't had any interest at all on the cars so far. Would you say that the price is too steep?

I really am not waiting for a great price but am looking to sell quickly so am open to offers.

Many thanks
Justin

mills
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mills1705

Post by mills » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:51 am

The price is very reasonable bud, the SiR is worth at least that on its own ;)

If I was you, I would clean it up properly, get that Honeycombe Grill and jdm fogs installed, and get the best alloys out of the 2 sets you have and then sell it ;) chuck in the donor lude for free if wanted, or take the Motegi kit off and sell that separately ;)

I would've snapped these up if I didn't already have 3 preludes on my drive.

GLWTS buddy

Howzit37
Supporter 2015

Post by Howzit37 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:13 pm

mills wrote:The price is very reasonable bud, the SiR is worth at least that on its own ;)

If I was you, I would clean it up properly, get that Honeycombe Grill and jdm fogs installed, and get the best alloys out of the 2 sets you have and then sell it ;) chuck in the donor lude for free if wanted, or take the Motegi kit off and sell that separately ;)

I would've snapped these up if I didn't already have 3 preludes on my drive.

GLWTS buddy
Thank you Mills,

I'm away now until next Wednesday so will not be able to do anything until I return.

You never know, I may have some interest in the time that I am away.

Thanks again.
Justin

Howzit37
Supporter 2015

Post by Howzit37 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Deposit taken.

Just waiting for the new V5 which I've some how managed to misplace :roll:

Howzit37
Supporter 2015

Post by Howzit37 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Off to Poland for a new life :)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Howzit37 wrote:Off to Poland for a new life :)
Or not :(

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:59 pm

wurlycorner wrote:
Howzit37 wrote:Off to Poland for a new life :)
Or not :(
Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:01 pm

:lol:
That's a bizarre but interesting response!
:lol:
To clarify my comment - it's nothing against Poland or Poles, it's that we see a lot of Preludes bought in the UK, exported to Poland to be broken. So not off for a new life, but off to die.

Mort

Post by Mort » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:54 pm

What about afterlife ? According to various ideas about the afterlife, the essential aspect of the individual that lives on after death may be some partial element, or the entire soul or spirit, of an individual, which carries with it and confers personal identity. :lol:

Return to “Cars for sale”