Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

2.2 VTI Honda Prelude VTEC 5th Gen Auto

Selling a car? Stick it in this section
1210junglist
My Generation: 5G

2.2 VTI Honda Prelude VTEC 5th Gen Auto

Post by 1210junglist » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:27 pm

£900.

So I have had to come to the heart-breaking decision to sell my much loved 2.2 VTI Honda Prelude 5th Gen. This car has been through some important milestones with me - I used it as my wedding car and it took me to hospital to have a child (we made it in time) - which is the reason I'm forced to sell, as the next stage of car seat just won't fit in.

Good Stuff

- MOT until 30 January 2018. Both advisories (worn tyre and brake disc) have been sorted
- New rear brake discs and pads just fitted at a cost of £130
- 4 good condition tyres, couple nearly new
- Interior in excellent overall condition - features heated seats, electric windows, sunroof & mirrors; frosty AC, cruise control, airbags etc.
- SONY head unit with AUX input and brilliant speakers (don't know what brand)

Not So Good Stuff

- Small amount of 'traditional' rust on the rear wheel arches - see images. An easy fix but just haven't had time
- Couple of small dents in the bonnet where some idiot reversed into me in a parking lot and then didn't leave their number
- Few minor dents, marks and paint chips on bodywork, as you'd expect on a car of this age. Most there when I purchased it. The brown scuff at the front should come off with a T-cut polish.
- Spring is broken that holds down top on small part of inner console (not main console between seats)
- Rubber mat on drivers side has become detached from carpet (nearly new set of carpet mats included in sale)

I've got quite a lot of service history and receipts - it was serviced every year from new to '04 at an authorised Honda dealer, then up to '08 at another garage (address in a Honda Complex). Then at another garage in '09. There are two receipts from 2012 just before I bought it, and then I have some receipts for tyres, brake pads, oil etc. from then onwards. My other half, who is a farm mechanic, has serviced it since I've had it. It had the cambelt done at 85,079 miles.

I've bought another Honda so just realistically can't afford to keep two cars on the road :cry: I'd like it to go to a good home. Milage (155,198) may increase slightly as I still occasionally use the car.

IMAGES: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by 1210junglist on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:32 am

Looks pretty decent :)
Very late reg, too (T's are rare, let alone V's!)
Do the 1210's and vinyl come with the car? ;) I dont have much jungle in my collection :D
(not a serious enquiry btw, not in the market for a 5g I'm afraid)

1210junglist

Post by 1210junglist » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Yeah, the decks are set up in the boot... :lol: I have a lot of jungle in my collection, which the stereo in the 5G plays very well. It's equally good for Rock, Mozart, or whatever musical notes float your boat. When the sproglet is older, I'd like to get back to a 3G; money permitting maybe another 5G, or a 1G (or an NSX :twisted: ) Now I'm just dreaming... :D

simonc
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by simonc » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 am

1210junglist wrote:(or an NSX ) Now I'm just dreaming...
Join the club fella. ;) I'm still hoping one day to have a sexy red one parked on the drive.
Hope you'll be able to sell your 5th, it looks very nice.
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

1210junglist

Post by 1210junglist » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:54 pm

SOLD

Return to “Cars for sale”